EY Assurance Services - Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services - Senior Manager in Shanghai, China
Assurance Services - Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services - Senior Manager
Requisition # SHA00115
Post Date Mon 04 Jun 22:01
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our team, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services within Assurance and you will help clients work through complex issues of fraud, regulatory compliance and business disputes. You will be part of a multidisciplinary, culturally aligned team that works with clients and their legal advisors.
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Assurance - Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services –Manager/Senior Manager - Shanghai
EY Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our teams, you will provide peace of mind to clients by using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the validity of financial statements and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services, Climate Change and Sustainability Services and Financial Accounting Advisory Services.
EY Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (FIDS) professionals help clients deal with the complex issues of fraud, forensic accounting, regulatory compliance and business disputes. As a FIDS Manager, you will technically contribute to FIDS client engagements and internal projects. As part of this team, you’ll draw on knowledge of fraud assessment, monitoring and prevention to identify issues that need to be addressed. You will assist clients to conduct independent internal investigations and participate in forensic accounting matters to analyze complex financial transactions and accounting irregularities.
An important part of your role will be actively establishing, maintaining and strengthening internal and external relationships. You will also identify and escalate potential business opportunities for EY on existing engagements. Similarly, you will anticipate and identify risks and inform team members about significant issues and findings. You will determine that delivered work is of high quality and reviewed by the leaders. As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture through coaching and counseling junior team members and helping them to develop their potential.
Your key responsibilities
· Work with high-growth clients and other market leaders in industries such as retail, consumer products, media & entertainment, and technology
· Work closely within the team and across different domains. Support leaders in developing the scope of services of pro-active anti-fraud program, compliance review and monitoring as well as re-active investigation, guiding the team in the development of cost-effective and practical recommendations for process and control improvement as well as corrective measures where applicable for clients and monitoring engagement economics
· Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client management and a commitment to client satisfaction. Understand the client’s industry and recognize key performance drivers. Gain acceptance on a wide variety of issues impacting the client
· Participate in the career and performance development of the compliance and anti-fraud practice by training new staff and providing timely and specific performance feedback. Foster teamwork and innovative, share knowledge with team members and enhance service delivery. Leverage ideas from other project engagements to enhance knowledge and create efficiencies
Skills and attributes for success
· Excellent communication and prioritization skills;
· Proficient in English, both spoken and written;
· Result-oriented with an attention to details;
· Creativeness and ability to think outside-the-box;
· Willingness to travel;
· Substantial knowledge of PC-based tools, including spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel) and databases (Microsoft Access).
To qualify for the role you must have
· Strong academic record including a bachelor’s degree;
· 5+years of in-house (MNCs or local enterprises) or professional firm working experience focusing on internal audit, internal control or compliance in retail, consumer product or TMT sectors
· Familiar with businesses and operational workflows
· Hands-on experience in projects including supplier/agency/distributor audit or financial audit is relevant
· Sound report writing skills, presentation skills and communication skills are preferred
· Relevant professional qualifications, including CPA, CIA, or ACFE, is required
· Fluent English and Putonghua are required. Japanese is an advantage
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Working experience with other Accounting/Consulting firms as a professional; or with commercial/public sectors as part of internal audit team is relevant
· Exposure experience in data analytics and proficiency in analytic software (Access, SQL Server, SPSS, SAS, R, Tableau, QlikView) is an advantage
· High or top performers in international accounting firms.
What we look for
· Smart and fraud sense, ability to think outside the box - every engagement is unique, we create a customized approach to find the fraud;
· Can work under pressure or handle a stressful situation;
· Self-starter with proactive attitude to work;
· Very good communication skills, can maintain good relationship with both clients and team members.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, professionals and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we can make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.