EY Tax Services Senior - National Tax-Indirect Global Trade in Springfield, Illinois
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: NEW YORK, CHICAGO, DALLAS, ATLANTA, HOUSTON, IRVINE
Do you want an exciting international career providing global trade advisory services at one of the world’s most globally integrated professional accounting firms? Here is your chance. We are looking for experienced manager candidates with the requisite global trade knowledge and client-facing skill set who want a great career path in a rapidly expanding business.
As a Senior in our Global Trade practice, you will use your experience and technical knowledge to bring value to clients and manage risks related to global trade matters. You will be a part of a team helping clients operate more effectively in moving goods around the world.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend much of your time engaged in activity to help our proactively managing the risks of global trade, improving international trade compliance and increasing the operational effectiveness of supply chains.
Skills and attributes for success
• Researching customs and international trade issues
• Advising clients on customs compliance issues and potential duty savings strategies
• Performing customs compliance work for clients and reviewing work completed by team members
• Developing and delivering quality planning ideas with timely and responsive services and high-quality work products
• Staying current on global trade developments and work to develop new and innovative service offerings that can deliver value to our clients
• Successful project management experience with excellent organizational skills, strong motivation, and a positive attitude; delivering a quality work product each and every time
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, international relations or a related field
• Approximately 3 or more years of related work experience in industry, a professional services firm, a Fortune 500 company or a major importer or exporter
• Experience in a client service environment
• Excellent organizational skills, strong motivation, and a positive attitude
• Proficiency in a technology-enabled environment
Ideally, you’ll also have
• JD, CPA or a U.S. Customs broker license
• Experience in professional services together with the ability to listen to a client’s needs and develop a value proposition to expand new business
What we look for
We’re interested in people that will add value to client projects and appropriately delegate tasks to a qualified support team. If you’re ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor in the global trade space, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com .