EY Financial Management Associate in St. John's, Canada
Financial Management Associate
Core Business Services
Requisition # STJ00047
Post Date Jun 10, 2021
Join our Finance team and you will help enable EY client account teams and management to run the business effectively. You’ll help to improve engagement profitability, manage enterprise wide risk and support market development activities. You will support EY planning, reporting and forecasting and analysis, or help EY people manage day-to-day activities, such as managing engagements, process and auditing time and expense or invoice processing. You’ll also work with other parts of our organization, sharing your financial experience and insights to achieve specific goals. You’ll get all the support you need to stay on top of regulations — and the advice and help you‘ll need to meet your own professional goals.
Your key responsibilities
The Financial Management Associate (FMA) is an expert in the firms engagement information management systems. Our FMAs relieve the Client Serving Executive (CSE) of administrative tasks related to engagement management and provide a ready resource for financial data and analysis, with overall responsibility for engagement management and economics rests with the CSE.
• Works with the CSEs and administrative assistants throughout the client acceptance and engagement processes to ensure records contain accurate and up to date information
• Works closely with the CSE to assist in the pricing of the engagement and to develop the planned engagement measures
• Develops client and engagement economic measures
• Develops and monitors possible economic outcomes to be used in monitoring specific engagements
• Performs analysis of inventory balances. Monitors overall inventory levels and aging, and reports findings to the CSE and Director of Finance
• Process adjustments to revenue based on regular discussions with the CSEs and expert understanding of our internal systems
• Monitors client invoicing and collections, and proactively encourages billing for "out-of-scope" work
• Determines billing and collections best practices
• Works closely with the collection specialist and CSEs to ensure proper collection activities occur
• Performs special projects and ad hoc requests
Skills and attributes for success
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Able to influence and persuade others
• Strong interpersonal skills
To qualify for the role you must have
• Business oriented B.A. (or equivalent) with 5-6 years (or more) of work experience OR a graduate business degree with a minimum of 4 years of work experience
• Proficiency with the MS Office Applications, in particular MS Excel
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.