EY Income/Franchise Tax Senior- Central and Southeast US in Tallahassee, Florida
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: AKRON, ATLANTA, BIRMINGHAM, BOCA RATON, CHARLESTON, CHARLOTTE, CHICAGO, CINCINNATI, CLEVELAND, DETROIT, GRAND RAPIDS, COLUMBUS, GREENVILLE, INDIANAPOLIS, JACKSONVILLE, KANSAS CITY, LOUISVILLE, MEMPHIS, MIAMI, MILWAUKEE, MINNEAPOLIS, NASHVILLE, ORLANDO, PITTSBURGH, RALEIGH, SAN JUAN, ST LOUIS, TALLAHASSEE, TAMPA, TOLEDO
Handling tax in such a large, sophisticated organization takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. As an Income/Franchise Tax Senior, we'll look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising strategic outcomes to some very complex issues. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it's here you'll find everything you need to grow as we do. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
It's fair to say there's no average day for an Income/Franchise Tax Senior ' so you're likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks. Whatever you're working on, our clients will turn to you for up-to-the-minute tax advice, upon which they can always rely. To make that happen, you'll be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
• Analyzing an evolving portfolio of complex tax operations to provide meaningful business insights
• Identifying potential opportunities and risks and communicating these to our clients
• Learning and researching current market trends, to maintain your credibility as a trusted advisor
• Developing clear, intelligent plans and approaches to improve our clients' tax activities
• Researching our clients business operations and building long-lasting relationships to tailor your advice to their specific needs
• Supervising a motivated team of professionals, guaranteeing they have the skills, knowledge and opportunities to reach their full potential
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a related discipline
• Professional knowledge in a broad range of state and local Income/Franchise tax processes, concepts and tools
• A proven record of excellence in a professional services or tax organization
• Technical writing and research experience in a tax context
• The ability to prioritize when working on multiple complex projects
• Strong influencing skills, and the confidence to question existing processes
Ideally, you'll also have
• An achieved or partially achieved CPA qualification, certification as a member of the Institute for Professionals in Taxation or possess the ability to sit for or be a member of a state bar
What we look for
We're interested in people with initiative who are not afraid to speak up, with a genuine desire to make things better across the business. You'll need strong software skills and the ability to handle complex data from multiple sources. If you're ready to further build on your reputation as a professional advisor, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.