EY 2019 Tax Staff – DSG Co-op - Toronto in Toronto, Ontario
2019 Tax Staff – DSG Co-op - Toronto
Requisition # TOR003EK
Post Date Sep 04, 2018
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Transaction and Advisory Services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who build high performing teams to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
DSG provides staff with the opportunity to combine corporate tax work with structured and virtual learning. Our curriculum will build your career in Canadian Corporate tax; includes work experience in tax compliance, tax accrual reviews, tax provisions and tax planning. Our people work on key client issues in domestic corporate income taxation, with a focus on implementing tax strategies that align with the client's business objectives.
During your work term, your potential responsibilities may include:
• Interface with clients and team members to secure tax data
• Collect/convert tax compliance data into an electronic format
• Analyze data and prepare work papers based on professional standards
• Determine the accuracy/completeness of the compliance product, perform quality assurance procedures, and prepare the product for delivery
• Bring potential opportunities to the team's attention
• Preparing corporate tax returns and auditing tax provisions
• Analyze fund trading records
• Determine differences in US taxable income and accounting income
• Review of fund general ledgers to identify applicable US tax adjustments
• Review and testing of draft client deliverable packages
• Seek, develop, and present ideas to apply EY's knowledge and services
• Be in pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting; having completed all prerequisite courses and requirements to begin the CPA PEP program upon commencement of full-time employment
• Have advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Possess strong dedication to teamwork
• Be committed to Integrity within a professional environment
We are currently accepting Co-op applications for Tax Staff for January 2019 in our DSG group. To apply, please complete the following steps:
Visit the EY student careers page at: ey.com/ca/apply
Choose the appropriate job posting (2018-2019 Tax Staff – DSG CO-OP (Toronto))
Log In or Register as a New User
Complete the required fields on each page
Attach your most up to date resume, cover letter and transcript as one pdf file
Find out why time and again we're recognized as one of Canada's top employers. To learn more about career opportunities with us, visit us at ey.com/ca/careers.
EY is committed to diversity and equity.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.