EY Data, Apps, and Modern BI Technical Consultant in Toronto, Ontario
Data, Apps, and Modern BI Technical Consultant
Requisition # CAN001R7
Post Date Feb 17, 2021
Our Technology Consulting Data & Analytics practice works collaboratively with our clients to enhance their ability to use and interpret data and develop their own enhanced information management capabilities to support better decision making, along with guidance on how to govern, secure and promote trust in the data. Our clients need the vision to articulate the big picture and the precision to see the smallest of details.
We are working with our clients to understand their data environment and help them through their journey to become a data driven organization utilizing modern BI approaches and advance analytics.
We are currently looking for a strong data, apps and modern BI technical consultant to join our practice and help us meet the growing demand from our clients
Your key responsibilities
• Apply your knowledge and experience to support the delivery of key projects, build valuable relationships both within EY and with clients, and develop strong capabilities through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues across different functions.
• We succeed when we combine high performing team members from a variety of backgrounds. We are therefore looking for individuals with industry, consulting, delivery or vendor backgrounds. We will provide the required support to transition into the team if this is your first step into consultancy.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical delivery skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, data science, informatics, data analytics, engineering or a related field and approximately 2-4 years of related work experience.
• Interest in Data Analytics along with experience in programming is a highly desired. You will need to demonstrate strong technical problem-solving abilities as well as clear proficiency in cloud technology.
• Experience with range of data transformation and modelling tools, for example: SQL, SSIS, SSAS, Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Power Query
• Experience with MS Power Platform (Power BI, Power Apps and Power Automate)
• Experience with range of data visualization tools, for example: Tableau, Qlik, SSRS, Cognos
• Experience with data virtualization, data automation, data architecture
• Experience with languages like SQL, DAX, Python and Scala
• Strong communication, presentation and business and technical writing skills;
• The ability to provide excellent client service and manage and build strong relationships both internally and externally, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills; and
• Awareness of emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering solutions with the Microsoft data and analytics stack (Azure, Synapse, SQL, Power Platform, Visual Studio)
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canadas top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.