EY Financial Management Associate in Toronto, Ontario
Financial Management Associate
Core Business Services
Requisition # TOR0035E
Post Date May 03, 2018
EY’s people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that
values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The Financial Management Associate (FMA) is an expert in the firm's engagement information management systems. Our FMA's relieve the Client Serving Executive (CSE) of administrative tasks related to engagement management and provide a ready resource for financial data and analysis, withoverall responsibility for engagement management and economics rests with the CSE.
• Works with the CSEs and administrative assistants throughout the client acceptance and engagement processes to ensure records contain accurate and up to date information
• Works closely with the CSE to assist in the pricing of the engagement and to develop the planned engagement measures
• Develops client and engagement economic measures
• Develops and monitors possible economic outcomes to be used in monitoring specific engagements
• Performs analysis of inventory balances. Monitors overall inventory levels and aging, and reports findings to the CSE and Director of Finance
- Process adjustments to revenue based on regular discussions with the CSEs and expert understanding of our internal systems
• Monitors client invoicing and collections, and proactively encourages billing for "out-of-scope" work
• Determines billing and collections best practices
• Works closely with the collection specialist and CSEs to ensure proper collection activities occur
• Performs special projects and ad hoc requests
Business oriented B.A. (or equivalent) with 5-6 years (or more) of work experience OR a graduate business degree with a minimum of 4 years of work experience
Proficiency with the MS Office Applications, in particular MS Excel
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Able to influence and persuade others
Strong interpersonal skills
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.