EY Manager - EY Parthenon Strategy in Toronto, Ontario
Manager - EY Parthenon Strategy
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # TOR004NI
Post Date Feb 24, 2021
EYs people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyones contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canadas top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) is EY’s executive strategy practice. The team helps companies, private equity firms and governments better understand and identify their strategic objectives, assess how their current portfolio / commercial framework supports these objectives, identify what actions to take to optimize their business and to implement these actions.
The Corporate Finance Strategy team serves companies, private equity firms and governments in sectors that include Energy (Oil & Gas, includes Mining, Chemicals and Utilities), Financial Services, Telecom/Media/Technology, Diversified Industrials, Consumer and several others. The Canadian Practice is tightly integrated with the Global EY Parthenon organization We bring the power of our deep global and local insights and relationships and an informed, current perspective. Our strategic consulting is grounded in a technical quantitative and structured qualitative foundation.
We are looking for a strong candidate to join as an Associate in the Canadian Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) team. It will fill an integral role that involves working closely with other members of the rapidly growing Americas Corporate Finance Strategy (EY Parthenon) team to deliver a variety of engagements.
We are looking for someone who can:
Responsible for developing work plans, designing and conducting analyses, synthesizing conclusions, and managing team members
Serve as primary contacts for our clients, identify and solve client issues
Assess attractiveness of potential targets, turning around underperforming institutions, reducing costs via operational/organizational improvements and implementing changes
Frame strategic issues and shape potential courses of action
Support client relationship management while executing projects, delivering a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process
Generate new business opportunities and develop long term relationships and network internally and externally.
Ideal qualifications for this position include:
• Engineering, Finance or Commerce undergrad (MBA an asset)
• Consulting experience
• Strong technical (engineering) grounding
• Financial modeling experience
• Relevant sector experience
• Appetite to network
• Strong data analytics & visualization capabilities
Candidates must have:
• Undergraduate degree (Business or Engineering); MBA/Master’s degree an asset
• Professional services and/or consulting engagement delivery experience with at least 5 years of related work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong strategic thinking and deductive reasoning skills
• Personable with strong client facing and presentation skills, strategic thinker and deductive reasoner
• Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under demanding environment, overtime and adhere to project deadlines
• A strong work initiative, high energy level and the ability to adapt to new challenges
• Self driven, motivated, invested in building your skills and constant appetite to learn more
• Strong analytical and financial modelling skills (i.e. Excel) and visualization skills (i.e. Tableau, Power BI) preferred
• Able to conduct detailed analysis (using both client data and external information) on products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities
• Strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance
• Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consuling services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.