EY Manager, Pension & Benefits Actuarial Services in Toronto, Ontario
Manager, Pension & Benefits Actuarial Services
Requisition # TOR003GB
Post Date Oct 05, 2018
As a Manager, Pension & Benefits Actuarial Services, you will be a part of our People Advisory Services (PAS) practice. Our People Advisory Services - Reward practice help clients address compensation, benefit, pension and executive compensation issues. Our multi-disciplinary integrated team of actuaries, human resource, compensation and tax professionals provide specialized services in these areas.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you'll lead client engagements and opportunities for pension and/or benefits actuarial services. The Manager will also direct the technical and business aspects of actuarial engagements for existing and prospective clients. This professional will apply project management expertise and technical and professional knowledge to ensure that the engagement work products and project deliverables are of the highest quality. Innovation, flexibility and a creative mindset are important for success in this role.
Skills and attributes for success
• Be responsible for leading and managing actuarial engagements and business development efforts relating to pension audit support, mergers and acquisitions, valuation work and other pension advisory services.
• Direct and manage the overall and day-to-day technical and business aspects of client projects to ensure the quality and timeliness of engagement work products, team engagement and client satisfaction.
• Develop innovative new service offerings in the pension/benefit actuarial space.
• Generate and manage actuarial services revenues.
• Improve engagement productivity, increase efficiencies, mitigate risks, and address issues for clients. Contribute to the attainment of group and individual goals by sharing knowledge, identifying business opportunities and facilitating teamwork.
• Identify opportunities for other EY services.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A minimum of 6 years of well-rounded progressive pension and/or benefit actuarial experience
• Nearly or recently obtained FCIA / FSA designations
• Strong project management skills and business development/innovation experience within a professional environment
• Solid actuarial skills as well as ability to interpret actuarial concepts and results in the business context
• Ability to share knowledge and motivate team as well as initiative to stay abreast of current trends and technical advancements
• Ability to innovate and use professional actuarial experience to adapt to the market
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• The flexibility to travel, when necessary
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
• Sound professional judgement and high level of professionalism
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.