EY Manager, Scheduling and Project Controls Specialist in Toronto, Ontario
Manager, Scheduling and Project Controls Specialist
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # TOR004QN
Post Date Mar 29, 2021
At EY, our purpose is Building a Better Working World. The insights and quality services we provide help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY is a professional service firm of 300,000 professionals worldwide, which operates through four service lines: Assurance, Tax, Consulting and Strategy and Transactions (SaT). Within the SaT service line our specialist Infrastructure Advisory team has capabilities focused on the planning, procurement, financing and commercial performance of major projects. Our recent clients in this field include government agencies, municipalities, public and private sector owners, project companies, contractors, investors, lenders and sureties.
EY is seeking an experienced scheduling and project controls specialist, with at least five years exposure to the construction sector, to provide project controls advisory services within the Infrastructure Advisory practice focused on scheduling, cost controls, risk, project performance monitoring and reporting, commercial management, construction claims and disputes. The position will be at Manager level and will involve working on a wide variety of projects with colleagues in the Infrastructure Advisory team and across the firm.
The successful candidate should have experience in areas including construction scheduling and schedule analysis; project controls; risk management, earned-value management; contract administration; project audits, reviews and diagnostics; construction claims; and dispute resolution. An educational background including construction management, engineering, business and finance would be preferred.
Your key responsibilities
• Analyze and prepare integrated program schedules.
• Provide commercial management support to program and project reviews, oversight, risk analysis and project turnaround advisory services.
• Assist in monitoring, controlling, and administering the program progress and performance and other aspects of program management (scope, schedule, cost, quality and risk).
• Support developing and maintaining program plans and schedules for carrying out the program in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external partners.
• Provide program planning support, including scheduling, budgeting, performance monitoring, variance analysis, status reporting. Identify trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline and recommend remedial actions.
• Coordinate the project change management process with the project manager and ensure change impacts are properly integrated in project plan (scope, cost, schedule).
• Ensure that all deliverables to program team and stakeholders (i.e. all documentation) is defined and presented according to the client’s quality standards.
• Support the project teams with the required status reports and management tools for internal and external stakeholders including Program Sponsor level updates.
Skills and attributes for success
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar educational background. Master’s degree or other qualification in Business Administration or Finance preferred.
• At least five years’ construction industry or consulting experience in contract management and project controls roles.
• Relevant professional designations.
• High degree of proficiency in Primavera P6 / Unifier / Risk Analysis, MS Project, etc..
• Competence in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other business applications.
• Robust financial and commercial understanding of the construction sector.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Team player with positive attitude.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.