EY Manager, Transaction Strategy & Execution (Value Creation) in Toronto, Ontario
Manager, Transaction Strategy & Execution (Value Creation)
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # TOR004O0
Post Date Mar 03, 2021
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Transaction Strategy & Execution (TSE) Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions and operational value creation mandates. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Strategy and Transactions Practice. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
As a Manager, youll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal relationships as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs.
Your role in leading workstreams or small teams on engagements will require a consideration of team effectiveness and efficiency, as well as the identification of risks and issues to be escalated as appropriate. As an influential member of the team, youll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you have the opportunity to work within our Value Creation team within the Transaction Strategy & Execution (TSE) team. You will be part of a specialty group who facilitates identifying and capturing unlocked value in organizations triggered by overall performance, a transaction or other events. In addition, you will work with the broader team that facilitates the M&A integration/carve-out process, working with cross-functional teams of both the acquiring and acquired organizations.
Skills and attributes for success
• Be prepared to perform the following activities:
o Operational assessments of profitability and performance
o Assess and quantify value creation opportunities with a focus on operations (i.e. manufacturing, distribution, logistics)
o Lead implementation of opportunities within operations
o Lead program management activities to support execution of value creation programs
o Collaborate with peers in other parts of the EY organization to bring the right capabilities to serve client needs
• Work in client engagement teams to execute value creation services
• Work with team members on project execution, project management, problem-solving, and facilitation
• Support key client decision makers in developing and executing their value capture strategy
• Assist in identifying risks and issues related to value creation programs and specific initiatives
• Assist in business development activities including preparing presentations and attending pursuit meetings with clients to help develop business
• Be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment
To qualify, candidates must have:
• Bachelors degree and at least 5 years of related work experience
• A solid understanding of profit transformation in operations
• Subject matter expertise in one or multiple of the following areas:
o Distribution centre operations
o Transportation and logistics
• Strong problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel to the United States for work on short notice, ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Current or recent experience with an established consulting firm
• Relevant degrees and certifications (P.Eng., MBA, PMP) are a plus
• Experience related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestiture transactions
• Functional expertise within the core operations functions of an organization is a plus
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers and have a strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and
our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.