EY Senior Analyst – Economic Advisory in Toronto, Ontario
Senior Analyst – Economic Advisory
Transaction Advisory Services
Requisition # TOR003JT
Post Date Jan 02, 2019
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Valuation & Business Modelling Manager or Senior Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Transaction Advisory Services Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
You will be responsible for analyzing economic and financial data, market trends, and industry reports to help design, develop, and construct economic models to assist government agencies, non-profits, and corporations across industries and global markets. You may also participate on assignments where econometric and statistical techniques are adopted to construct valuation and risk assessment models, quantify economic damages, and/or help businesses in their decision making process. These advanced project models are used for a range of applications including operations and strategic planning, project finance, mergers and acquisitions, tax, financial reporting, valuations and litigation matters. Depending on the needs of other sub-service lines in our Transaction Advisory Services practice, from time to time, you may be called upon to work in those sub-service lines. This position requires travel, as necessary.
Skills and attributes for success
• Serve as a member of multiple client engagement teams
• Identify issues and propose solutions
• Actively contribute to report writing and the development of financial and economic models
• Demonstrate ability to listen to clients and address their needs
• Develop positive, productive and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
• Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility towards engagement team members
• Participate in commercial research and marketing efforts
• Stay up to date on business and economic developments relevant to our clients’ businesses
• Use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided
• Ability and flexibility to work alongside team members to ensure the timely completion of work deliverables and manage time spent against budget
• Excellent analytical, project management, multi-tasking, communication, organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in economics, mathematics, statistics or related field with a deep fundamental understanding in micro and macroeconomics, with an emphasis in industrial organization, applied game theory, and econometrics
• Experience performing economic impact assessments, cost-benefit analysis, and policy and program analysis and design
• Experience performing econometric and statistical modelling, preferably using panel data and time series econometric techniques
• Ability to conduct independent economic research and apply fundamental economic theory to clients’ issues
• Experience with computer programs such as STATA, R, and MatLab
• Programming experience in languages such as VBA or C+ Ideally, you’ll also have
• Prior experience in economic consulting, corporate finance, and economic research is preferred
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for Transactional Advisory Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.