EY Senior Consultant - Privacy and Data Trust in Toronto, Ontario
Senior Consultant - Privacy and Data Trust
Requisition # TOR004SV
Post Date May 04, 2021
With rapidly changing data threats, clients from all industries look to us for trusted solutions for their increasingly complex risks. You will have access to our robust platform to advise clients on managing data protection and privacy, enhancing maturity, and improving efficiency. You will belong to an international connected team of specialists helping our clients with their most complex data protection and privacy needs and contributing toward their business resilience.
We are actively seeking a Senior Consultant to join our Cybersecurity team specifically the Privacy and Data Trust specialty. You’ll work alongside respected industry professionals, learning about and applying leading practices to better manage people, processes and technology capabilities within the data protection and privacy domains. You’ll gain insights into the design and operations of privacy and data trust programs and strategies in a variety of industries and learn how to design measurable, sustainable programs to keep up with the constantly evolving privacy landscape.
This position falls within our Consulting practice, which helps our clients enhance the effectiveness of operations functions by assisting them as they shift their emphasis from transaction-level control, processing and reporting to more value driven, decision support and analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a Cybersecurity, privacy and data trust senior youll deliver client engagements as well as internal projects. You will help clients gain insights into their privacy programs and capabilities to maintain compliance to local and global privacy regulations while building consumer trust. Consult with privacy and cyber managers to determine the role of IT systems in an organization. Research emerging technologies to determine if installing them can increase the organization’s efficiency and effectiveness and identify any potential impact in privacy. Advise clients on managing their privacy programs to mitigate their business risks. Assess privacy programs and strategies using our proprietary framework, design solutions to remediate gaps or enhance maturity of specific privacy capabilities, improve measurements and monitoring, and develop sustainable processes to enable our clients to achieve business goals and mitigate their risks.
Skills and attributes for success
• Consistently deliver quality client services.
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the clients business.
• Demonstrate technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge.
• Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
• Demonstrate and apply a thorough understanding of complex data processing systems. Use knowledge of the current data processing environment and industry trends to identify engagement and client service issues and communicate this information to the engagement team and client management through written correspondence and verbal presentations.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A Bachelor’s degree in Law or in Computer Science, Management Science, Information Security, Data, Business, Ethics or a related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate work experience. Alternatively, will accept a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management Science, Data, Business, Ethics, Law, or a related field and 2 to 3 years of work experience.
• Knowledge and 2 to 3 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
− Assessing client risk and compliance against privacy regulations.
− Designing or operationalizing functional privacy within or on behalf of a business.
− Providing support of privacy enhancing technology (PET).
• Knowledge and 2 to 3 years of practical experience with common frameworks, standards and methodologies used in the data protection and privacy field.
• Practical experience with conducting risk assessments and testing of data protection and privacy controls
• Excellent analytical skills and knowledge of data analytics methods
• Ideally possess one of the following certifications: CIPP (Canada), CIPM or CIPT.
• Solid knowledge and experience presenting using MS Power Point, Excel and Visio.
• Solid oral and written communication skills.
• Experience on writing reports on findings and analysis of privacy issues.
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people with a genuine passion for cybersecurity, data protection and privacy. If you have the confidence in both your presentation and technical abilities to grow into a leading expert here, this is the role for you.
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy and transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training,
opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canadas top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.