EY Senior Experience Designer in Toronto, Ontario
Senior Experience Designer
Requisition # TOR004ES
Post Date Aug 19, 2020
We are a lucky bunch at EY! Every day, we get to work on amazing brands with lots of smart people; people who truly understand the value of digital and the role it plays in the lives of others. But more than that, we are creating experiences that are literally transforming the business landscape and how our clients do business; we are changing the way they interact with their Customers, Employees and Partners alike.
The EY Design Studio is a rapidly growing and highly motivated design team in Toronto, and we are looking for a Senior Experience Designer to join us.
Skills and attributes for success
Your craft: An integral member of the Experience Design team, you work closely with other team members, as well as other disciplines, to create extraordinary online experiences. You are a skilled IA and interaction designer, with a working knowledge of content strategy and user research. Your specialty: You collaborate with all of the other disciplines and you understand the UX dependencies that impact design and development throughout the project life cycle. You report to the Executive Creative Director.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction or industrial design preferred
• Degree in a related field, such as library science, graphic design, animation or architecture considered. Minor in Psychology, English, History, Anthropology a plus.
• A Github profile or sample of your work made available for review – please highlight and include this in your resume or as separate attachments in your application
• 2-4 years of experience working on complex software or transactional or ecommerce experiences, with medium to large-sized teams, preferably in a cross disciplinary digital agency
• Strong familiarity with standard UX toolset
• Highly proficient at creating UX artifacts and deliverables
• Actively participate in sketching and ideation sessions
• Working knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies, responsive web, atomic design and design systems
• Demonstrate the information architecture and interaction design skills necessary to support client work
• Responsible for interaction design, task flow, behaviour, and navigation design
• Create deliverables such as sitemaps and wireframes
• Ideate, sketch, and prototype for desktop, tablet and mobile devices
• Perform competitive reviews and experience evaluations
• Actively collaborate in cross-disciplinary idea generation and client co-creation sessions
• Articulate rationale for approach in the context of both business and user needs
• Highly focused on process, as well as deliverables, mindful of the role of UX throughout the project lifecycle
InVision, Sketch and Whimsical.
• Focused, manage time effectively and meet deadlines
• Highly collaborative with strategy, research, analytics, visual design, content & copy and interactive / presentation layer (front-end) development
• Foster collaboration
• Actively participate in team and client meetings
• Receptive to constructive criticism
• Complete self-reviews
What we look for
You are an equally ambitious and empathetic individual. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll need the motivation to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and expand our business in the evolving market. If you’re serious about consulting and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.