EY Senior Manager; IT Mergers & Acquisitions in Toronto, Ontario
Senior Manager; IT Mergers & Acquisitions
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # TOR004MX
Post Date May 27, 2021
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Strategy and Transactions IT Senior Manager you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
EY has an established industry leading Strategy and Transactions Practice. We help clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. We are a growing practice that has the resources to serve any client, anywhere in the world. With so many offerings, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a friendly, collaborative environment through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you will have the opportunity to work within our Transaction Strategy & Execution practice who is recognized as a trusted source of expertise for IT strategy, architecture, infrastructure, cost and value, operating models and the optimization of technology processes and services across diverse industries. You will be a vital member of the team leading and executing on buy and sell side IT transactions.
Skills and attributes for success
We support clients with their evolving business strategy with the following services:
• Effectively lead client engagement teams in executing IT due diligence and transaction services which support key decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value. Demonstrate ability to lead project teams across multiple IT sub-workstreams while working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients. Specifically, be able to lead teams in performing:
• IT due diligence, stand-alone costing, one-time cost development, operating model design
• Integration planning and execution (Integration Management Office)
• Carve-out or divestiture planning and execution (Carve-out Management Office)
• Synergy identification, validation and realization
• Development of Transitional Services Agreements
• Development of M&A and integration playbook
• Demonstrate excellent skills in leading projects, including solid project management, problem-solving, and facilitation of desired results.
• Drive identification of key IT risks and issues related to integration planning, timelines, and functional areas.
• Develop strong working relationships with senior clients and be responsible for a high degree of client satisfaction with the engagement process and deliverables.
• Drive business development activities, including preparing presentations and attending pursuit meetings with clients to grow the practice.
• Assist in leading internal practice initiatives to help continually improve the IT M&A practice and be responsible for fostering an open and inclusive work environment and coach and mentor staff in the achievement of their career goals
To qualify for the role you must have
• Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 8+ years of experience in supporting projects involving IT strategy, architecture, infrastructure, cost and value, operating models and the optimization of technology processes and services across diverse industries.
• Big 4 experience in diligence / integration / divestiture space is required
• Experience gained within another large professional services organization
• A demonstrable track record as a trusted IT Advisor to large (Fortune 500 and comparable) organizations’ senior IT and business personnel, at senior management levels and upwards.
• A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs.
• Experience leading teams on multiple projects and providing direction to team members.
• Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
• Experience leading and managing in complex business environments.
• The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
• Ability to travel to the U.S for work on short notice.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for IT Transaction Services and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.