EY Tax Manager, Transaction Tax (M&A Tax) in Toronto, Ontario
Tax Manager, Transaction Tax (M&A Tax)
Requisition # TOR004MU
Post Date Feb 16, 2021
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Services Manager, you will be a part of our Transaction Tax (M&A) practice. You will be part of a team who helps clients determine the right deal to do, and then assist them in doing the deal right. Transaction Tax services encompass developing and advising on the tax structure, executing tax due diligence, challenging assumptions about future tax performance, and assisting with the tax aspect of purchase agreements, post-closing reorganizations, and other transaction tax matters.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager, you will be involved in analyzing and structuring transactions, delivering outstanding client service as a project manager on due diligence projects for both strategic and private equity buyers and sellers, as well as be involved in analyzing and structuring transactions.
Skills and attributes for success
• Manage due diligence projects and determine potential tax liabilities and exposures in both strategic and private equity transactions. Review and analyze merger agreements and provide opinion letters
• Structure transactions for both strategic and financial owners related to acquisitions and divestitures
• Effectively manage engagement teams that may consist of attorneys, CFOs, corporate directors, accountants, and tax professionals
• Establish relationships with portfolio companies to show planning opportunities
• Develop internal relationships with other members of TT and other EY tax and financial professionals
• Identify and capitalize on opportunities for providing tax approaches to clients and targets
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelors degree or equivalent,
• A professional designation
• Minimum of 4 years of Canadian tax experience (M&A tax experience would be an asset)
• Strong writing, research and analytical skills
• Proven project management skills
• Proven success in leading and managing teams
• Excellent ""go to market"" and presentation/selling abilities
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to work in dynamic environment with changing demand
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.