EY Senior Product Specialist - L3 APAC in Trivandrum, India
Senior Product Specialist - L3 APAC
Core Business Services
Requisition # GSS004XY
Post Date Apr 16, 2018
Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on client questions, problems and defects of a wide variety of desktop applications maintained by the firm. This may include off the shelf software and/or business specific application software and hardware.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Under limited supervision, respond to customers' inquiries concerning support requests and problem resolution
• Resolve software problems and/or identify and escalate hardware problems reported to the team
• Identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
• Serves as an escalation point for difficult problems and complex inquiries.
• Follows up on specific inquiries or requests to ensure client satisfaction.
• May be asked to act as a peer group leader.
• May be required to help train colleagues and service desk staff.
• May be asked to act as a backup to his/her supervisor.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Ability to identify potential points of failure, areas for improvement, and identifying pain points and bottlenecks.
• Makes recommendations to the team lead in regards to process changes and drives implementation, based on the needs of the business and product direction.
• Leads the team to classify and prioritize issues related to the product.
• Provides recommendations and analytical expertise on enhancement requests raised by Engineering, and challenges these requests if necessary.
• Proven ability to coordinate resolution of issues on a subarea / area / global basis
• Capable of managing small to midsize projects and leading sub-teams on large projects
• Proven ability to coordinate resources to complete complex assignments
• Ability to effectively communicate with other groups in IT Services, business practice representatives and outside vendors.
• Enforces strategic product/policy direction set by management
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Mandatory Technical Skills:
• Windows Desktop OS including Windows 7 and 10
• Advanced troubleshooting skills of Lotus Notes, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Windows and Apple operating systems
• Networking - TCP/IP (Configuration of Client, Client Troubleshooting)
• Strong interpersonal, client service, communication, and organizations and project management skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and react appropriately in a crisis situation.
• Sufficient knowledge of IT operations, responsibilities, work flow processes and procedures in order to resolve most inquiries independently.
• The ability to effectively work and team with clients, management and staff members.
• The ability to fully document processes and fixes.
• The ability to create and deliver presentations as necessary
• Proficient in Service Now Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
• Extensive knowledge and advanced troubleshooting skills of the applications comprising the Global Core Loadset.
• The ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
This position is not expected to include supervisory responsibilities, although the candidate may be asked to step into such a role on a temporary or permanent basis based on the need at the time and the ability of the employee.
• Overtime will be required from time to time during projects and times of increased workload.
• Work may be required at night or on weekends to support a project or during times of a system outage or emergency.
• Some travel may be required.
• A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Certifications, trade school degrees or a solid work history will be considered if such a degree has not been obtained.
• Approximately 2-6 years of desktop management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of IT operations.
• Technical certifications are not required but will be considered a plus, especially if it’s closely related to the technologies referred to above.