EY Consultant, Working Capital Advisory Services in Vancouver, British Columbia
Consultant, Working Capital Advisory Services
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # VAN00185
Post Date Jul 08, 2021
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Consultant within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy.
EY’s Working Capital Advisory Services (WCAS) is the world’s largest practice of dedicated specialists in working capital optimization. WCAS helps our clients by identifying, evaluating and prioritizing actionable improvements to liberate significant cash from the balance sheet. WCAS identifies areas for improvement through developing prioritized strategies including process improvement and technology integration to optimize the cash conversion cycle and enhance cash forecasting and visibility. This is further enabled by assisting organizations to transition to a cash-focused culture, leveraging proven frameworks and methodologies.
Your key responsibilities
As a Consultant in WCAS, you will be a vital member of the team supporting and executing projects designed to help liberate significant cash from working capital. It will be your job to work as part of a larger team to help companies identify cash flow improvement opportunities and help your clients implement changes to their processes and policies to achieve sustainable cash flow improvement.
Skills and attributes for success
• Business and Commercially Driven - working in a fast-paced, exciting environment with good business acumen to drive value to our clients and differentiate our services.
• Project Management – organized and can lead project activities and support creation of deliverables with a variety of EY resources in a dynamic environment.
• Building Relationships - cultivate strong working relationships with clients, EY teams and able to support key decision makers.
• Business Development – Contribute to our practice development with the ability to spot opportunities and work with account teams to bring ideas to market.
• Digital – a good understanding of the digital transformation enablers for business processes and how to apply concepts for a client transformation
• Learning - learn and develop technical and personal skills to support achievement of career goals, through a blend of structured learning, coaching and experiences.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, or Analytics and 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 18 months of related work experience.
• Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice (subject to client needs).
• Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis, and an ability to synthesize and derive insights from large datasets.
• The ability to develop and test hypotheses; can follow through from ideation to storyboarding and delivery of presentation.
• The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
• A demonstrated interest and curiosity in data analysis, process mapping and business process improvement
• Strong technical and analytical capabilities – Excel required, familiarity with Microsoft applications (PowerBI, Azure, Databricks, SQL) and data analysis tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx) are a plus
• Management consulting experience is an asset.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience gained within another large professional services organization
• Supply chain, procurement and/or finance process optimization experience
What we look for
We’re interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients’ goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a curiosity for learning, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.