EY Indirect Tax Manager / Senior Manager in Vancouver, British Columbia
Indirect Tax Manager / Senior Manager
Requisition # VAN000UN
Post Date Oct 31, 2018
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority. .
As a Tax Services Manager or Senior Manager, you will be a part of our Indirect Tax Practice. You will be part of a team who identifies planning opportunities to help clients minimize their tax burden as well as fulfill compliance responsibilities and avoid penalties. This position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement to the right candidate.
Our Indirect Tax team provides solutions regarding GST, PST, customs duties, employer health tax, workers' compensation and payroll taxes. Team members identify planning opportunities to help clients minimize their tax burden as well as fulfill compliance responsibilities and avoid penalties. When necessary, our team members negotiate with tax authorities on clients' behalf.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager or Senior manager, you will advise on multiple and challenging indirect tax advisory engagements and to contribute to the delivery of innovative tax planning ideas for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
• Demonstrate an understanding of tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
• Manage and participate in recovery audits while maintaining effective client relationships
• Develop and deliver responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations
• Identify and sell opportunities for indirect tax advisory, refund and recovery services
• Manage the work of client service team members
• Participate in and contribute to attaining team goals
• Thoroughly and accurately analyze information
• Prepare practical and creative solutions to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
• Lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans and make informed decisions in complex and judgmental areas
To qualify for the role you must have
• A Bachelor's degree, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant indirect tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
• Broad exposure to indirect taxes
• Previous experience in the Oil & Gas sector would be an asset
• Excellent managerial, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.