EY BackUp & Restore Administrator (HAT ID: 1771) in Argentina
BackUp & Restore Administrator (HAT ID: 1771)
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001H8
Post Date May 02, 2018
The Data Protection Operations (DPO) Specialist within Proximity Services (PS) provides technical support for globally aligned backup and recovery activities. The role maintains the stability of PS’s data retention infrastructure within a region and is expected to maintain Tape backup Systems, including connectivity to technical assets such as servers and tape storage devices aligned to same. The role is expected to monitor tape backup job activity and respond to failed backup jobs using various monitoring and screening tools. Further, the role is expected to monitor tape devices and perform maintenance activities such as those aligned to setup, configuration and upgrades as required by the region. The role performs various tasks and activities in support of data backup and recovery using Symantec’s NetBackup backup and recovery service suite. The role monitors backup, recovery and supports performance management and data integrity activities in accordance with EY compliance mandates and regional or local country directives. The role is managed by the Data Protection Operations Regional Lead for DPO.
What are you going to do?
· Performs administration activities in support of a region’s back up tasks such as appropriate set up of volume levels for storage tapes and installs and manages Automated Cartridge System Library Software (ACSLS).
· Maintains scripts to support PS regional operations and scheduling to guide appropriate maintenance, restorative and remediation activities and manages daily catalog backups for disaster recovery purposes.
· Supports tape encryption and other data protection and security maintenance activities within the assigned region using NetBackup, IBM SKLM software or other encryption applications. Aligns activities to appropriate EY compliance directives.
· Basic analytical skills to conduct effective issue analysis so that key issues are properly identified and effective solutions are provided
· Actively develops knowledge of EY’s data protection and data backup infrastructure including technical assets and applications used in a particular region.
· Foundational skills in such applications as Symantec Netbackup, Windows, Unix/Linux platforms, utilizing ACSLS in an enterprise Master and Media server environment using SSO and others which may be added over time.
What do we need from you?
· Knowledge of Data Domains and Data Deduplication products or other providers added over time
· Evolving knowledge of EY’s businesses supported within the region to recognize the impact of data storage and backup technology issues to a specific business unit and to identify issues that impacts a particular business or location.
· Ability to set up and trouble shoot using NetBackup, IBM SKLM or other encryption devices
· Evolving knowledge of EY’s tools related to PS e.g. ServiceNow to record incidents and remediation.
· Ability to analyze System Logs for issues, changes and alerts.
· Basis interpersonal skills to engage with others, stay calm under pressure and maintain the credibility the business has in DPO technical support
· Time management skills to prioritize their own workload and work through assigned activities with efficiency.
· Oral and written communication skills in the English language.
· Basic understanding of ITIL and Service management process
· Bachelor's degree in computer related field or equivalent work experience
· Approximately 3 to 5 years of experience in technology infrastructure management and operations.
Shift: Monday to Friday 1-10 PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.