EY Cloud Automation Engineer in Argentina
Cloud Automation Engineer
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001HO
Post Date Oct 08, 2018
Cloud Automation Engineer has responsibilities to design, develop and publish “Infrastructure as Code” and “Configuration as Code” to be used on delivery and support of EWT services and IT Projects. The Cloud Automation Engineer will interact daily with various teams with in EWT, Client Technology and Information Security organizations, as executing daily work. The individual will support all aspects of automation and scripting for cloud services such as requirements gathering, estimation, development, versioning, testing, integration, safe-vault using TFS and VSTS. Cloud Automation Team members are autonomous and self-sufficient with strong communications and time management skills, hence such qualities including excellent interpersonal and client service skills are required from applicants.
The Cloud Automation Engineer will also have responsibilities towards an application centric cloud transformation, by close-teaming with other IT teams to deliver environments in an agile, consistent, repeatable and rapid manner using IaaS and PaaS services. The CAD Engineer will play a central role by enabling continuous integration and continuous delivery functions for development teams supporting DevSecOps framework. Cloud Automation Engineer scope will include developing, building and operating a CI/CD model that is self-service and innovative, supporting the agile needs of EY IT teams. Hence, Cloud Automation Engineer will need to understand Build and Release pipeline used during an application development lifecycle and create the delivery pipeline necessary to provide infrastructure solutions to development teams for non-production and production environments.
What are you going to do?
· Participate in the design of service automation in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code.
· Central to obtaining and processing requirements in order to transform application delivery for cloud in an agile fashion
· Leader of orchestration in cloud using Infrastructure-as-code while providing self-service capabilities to IT teams and EY practitioners.
· Active driver for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery applications
· Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
· Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining projects during the transition to production.
· Input into internal and external organizations towards development of standards as well as efficiencies
· Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification
· Adheres to engineering methodologies and architecture global standards.
· Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
· Identifies potential points of contention for missed activities and notify leadership of situation with possible solutions.
· Involve and drive firm’s evolution towards DevSecOps and Agile Transformation
· Execution of process engineering and operational improvement initiatives for automation tooling focused on cloud
· Resolve and act as escalation and coordination point for incidents and problems related to affected automation
· Requirements gathering for design, development and deployment
· Root cause analysis and improvement solutions
· Executing scheduled or unscheduled automation in support of other technology domains
· Performing audits and analysis of existing products for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
· Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
· Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
· Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
· Ability to work with 3 rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft, Amazon, etc) for escalation of issues
· Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
· Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
· Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
· Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
What do we need from you?
· Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems
· Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets
· Ability to rapidly absorb new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively
· Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities
· Outstanding management, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
· Ability to perform analysis of metrics, data, and key performance indicators (KPI) for the purpose of making decisions around staffing, capacity, and processes
· Skills and experience in Azure along with scripting using ARM (JSON templates), Powershell DSC, bash and Python
PHP, etc. is a plus
· Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
· Experience designing configuration management systems using tools such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt & Jenkins
· Ability to provision, monitor, optimize and scale Azure infrastructure using API's
· Knowledge and/or experience on designing, developing, deploying, and CI/CD in a DevOps environment
· Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes and other types of Microservices and Container technologies highly preferred
· Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and HA
· Linux and Windows administration experience
· Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components
· Deep understanding of firewalls, NAT and packet filtering (specifically lptables)
· General Networking skills required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
· Interest and ability to learn other technologies and tools as needed
· Exposure and hands on experience with Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) with strong coding capability in building environments and deploying applications.
· Experience with various Microsoft and open-source based platforms is a plus (such as IIS, MsSQL, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
· Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours on occasion
· Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural, global team structure, but also independently
· Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet agreed deadlines, with demonstrable productivity
· Experience in working in waterfall projects as well as in DevSecOps model
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experience
· Fluent in English language – written and verbal
· Substantial, extensive and demonstrated experience in various aspects of automation with in cloud environments
· Approximately 8-10 years of related work experience as full stack engineer with minimum of 3 years cloud experience
· Vendor or industry standard certifications in applicable specialty or related technology areas desirable.
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.