EY Cloud Infrastructure Services Engineer (HAT ID: 1430) in Argentina
Cloud Infrastructure Services Engineer (HAT ID: 1430)
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001ES
Post Date Mar 21, 2018
Reporting directly to the Public Cloud Engineering Lead, the Cloud Infrastructure Services Engineer is responsible for helping delivery the public cloud services for our internal customers.
The role is responsible for providing subject matter expertise in relation to cloud technologies (Azure & AWS), engineering of new solutions that enhance our existing offerings and building of new automation around IaaS, PaaS, and other services in support of our internal clients. The position is a hands-on technical role, assisting in the engineering and integration of existing and leading edge technologies, collaborating across the organization with multiple internal and sometimes external teams. The candidate would be expected to provide Level 3 (engineering support) and Level 4 (engineering development) type of activities that ensure continuity of the produced solutions that enable our internal clients.
What are you going to do?
· Taking ownership of assigned issues/enhancements/features and helping to define a plan and related coordination activities to provide an end to end solution either for our service enablement or in helping internal clients to consume and deploy within our public cloud offerings.
· Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
· Proactively raising issues to the Lead of Public Cloud Engineering Lead.
· Acts as a subject matter expert when working with internal clients.
· Produce documents which contain clear, precise descriptive language
· Providing 3rd/4th level support for all solutions produced by the team.
· Applies judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
· Provide required training and support to other peer teams for newly designed and developed functionality.
· Utilize approved tools, adopt key performance indicators (KPIs), increase technology component reuse, and consolidate platforms, environments and products with the goal of reducing overall IT costs.
What do we need from you?
· Communication – The candidate has to be able to communicate well with his immediate team members and other internal groups through written and verbal means by using email and other types of documentation that could help get the message across.
· Problem Solving – The candidate must poses analytical and problem solving skills that are needed to manage technical challenges on multiple projects/programs simultaneously.
· Scripting (2-3 years) – having knowledge and experience with Microsoft PowerShell (required) and Linux shell scripting (preferred). Being able to understand and use best practices of completing tasks and finding solutions using existing or building new scripts to help automate today’s manual infrastructure and application tasks.
· Public Cloud (3-5 years) – Have a good understanding of how to implement, leverage and maintain public cloud services on the Azure (required) and AWS (preferred) platforms.
· Web Services, API, REST (1-2 years) – Understanding and having experience with leveraging web services (SOAP), different API endpoints including the usage of REST based APIs to be able to be able to build loosely coupled architectures and solutions that are quick to implement and are easy to monitor.
· Networking (1-3 years) - Have a solid understanding of cloud platform networking capabilities, including load balancers, web application firewalls, network access control lists (NACLs), security groups, routing, tracing, DNS resolution are key to building efficient and stable solutions that prevent business downtime and provide high availability capabilities.
· Documentation (2-3 years) - Being able to create technical documents that provide insight into the design and implementation of a solution provides teams with the ability to effectively communicate their needs and requirements across the organization. The candidate has to be able to produce clear and concise architecture and design documentation that can assist his team and other peer groups in understanding of the built solutions. The candidate must also be able to communicate complex technical issues with sensitivity to diverse audiences and people with different level of technical understanding that range from entry level support teams, management, and technical engineering resources.
· Operational Support awareness (2-3 years) – A good understanding of what it takes to support the deployed applications and solutions is key to providing great service to the end users. The candidate has to be able to put themselves into a position of understanding of their consumer pain points to be able to figure out creative ways not only to find quick workarounds but also analyze the root cause of the problem and come up with ideas of resolving them in the long term.
· Automation and Orchestration – Having knowledge and experience of using cloud-based APIs using REST or SOAP interfaces and/or ARM templates. Being able to look at a current process and identify ways to make it repeatable and re-runnable to facilitate in error remediation. Having an understanding of how to take an existing manual set of activities and put together an automated process using available tooling such as Windows Workflow Foundation or related technologies that could include HP Operations Orchestration, Cisco Process Orchestrator, and/or similar solutions.
· High Availability and Resiliency – Having a good understanding of what it takes to build a highly available application or a solution by creating an architecture composed of multiple infrastructure and application components that are able to continue running without impacting end-users even if parts of the system run into issues. Taking it a step further by implementing resilient solution which is able to resume working after the failed component internal or external is fixed is critical in delivering great quality enterprise solutions.
· Governance - Understand how to implement governance for resources using role-based access control (RBAC). Having a good understanding of differences between end-users needs and requirements as well as back-office support staff that is there to maintain the operational state for end-user provisioned resources.
· Security – Having some knowledge and experience with security policies and best practices, understanding firewalls, encryption, and event management which could include audit logging. Being able to understand and leverage tools such as Splunk or similar log aggregation solutions to ensure that proper traceability is in place in case any proof or troubleshooting is required.
· Configuration Management – Having good knowledge of managing system configuration and configuration drift as well as tooling that facilitates the process such as Puppet, CHEF, DSC, Ansible, SaltStack. Being able to build solutions leveraging these tools to perform infrastructure and application deployment activities to provide a consistent and repeatable process as well as support reporting and auditing needs of an enterprise.
· Identity and access management – Understanding of topics such as Windows Authentication, Single Sign-on (SSO), API access and authentication, and Federated Access (SAML, OAuth) is key to being able to build small to large scale enterprise applications and solutions. The engineer is expected to have at least a basic idea of each one of these aspects of identify and access management to ensure that proper solutions and designs are being implemented at the core infrastructure level to help support those applications that would end up being deployed by the application teams.
· Container technologies – Understanding of the features and capabilities of what a containerization technology can provide is key to being able to build a successful and good quality rapid deployment and support environment. The candidate should be familiar with key concepts and usage patterns of containerization technologies such as Docker and Windows Containers and their respective management platforms which could be tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, Rancher, or other similar tools.
· A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.