EY Devops QA - Automation Leader in Argentina
Devops QA - Automation Leader
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001G7
Post Date Oct 09, 2018
The Test Analyst works in a global test team responsible for the delivery of tested systems into production, interpreting business and technical requirements and executing functional testing activities across the organization. The Testing Services practitioner role also includes experience in building and executing comprehensive suites of automation test plans and test cases, reporting defects and follow up, maintaining the automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development Testing. The Test Analyst works closely with Software Developers and other engineers in scrum teams to deliver the highest quality products in a timely and cost-effective manner. The person is also responsible for maintaining effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team (onshore/offshore) and the peers in other IT groups.
What are you going to do?
· Participate in functional and non-functional testing of SAAS based applications.
· Helps resolves technical impediments , troubleshoots technical issues
· Conduct thorough analysis of requirements specifications and design documents and use structured techniques to identify testable conditions.
· Develop and execute test plans and test cases with a strong emphasis on using code to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation under guidance of test lead.
· Execute and manage test cases and results; report on test and defect metrics.
· Log defects in the reporting tool and participate in triage meetings.
· Adhere to best testing processes to support global Validation & Testing activities including SAFe agile.
· Attend daily SCRUM meetings.
· Add to our company´s performance and scalability testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies used by the organization and maintain a high quality bar. This can also include writing specialized testing tools to our software platform.
· Identify required improvements in the test and development processes; make contributions to automation tools that address specific needs
· Work with Development, Test and Product Management to design and implement test and validation strategies
· Conduct tests and undertake analysis of results to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and/or client and technical requirements.
· Develop and maintain strong working relationships with other IT Services functions and customers to expedite delivery of IT solutions.
· Work closely with off-shore third party vendors to deliver projects to time, cost and quality requirements.
What do we need from you?
· Experience building highly automated environments using virtual and cloud resources is strongly desired.
· Knowledge of Azure Automation account for Linux Ansible Phyton and/or Windows PowerShell is a plus.
· Preferably Selenium with Java and/or HP UFT with VB background - Knowledge at scripting/coding level
· Experience and knowledge of HP-QC/ALM, TFS, JIRA, or any relevant defect management tool.
· Proven ability to translate functional requirements and use cases into working test plans and test cases.
· Experience with software testing and automated test techniques with a strong focus on quality thorough the entire software development cycle.
· Good knowledge of database concepts , experience in writing SQL Scripts
· Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures and multi-threading concepts.
· Ability to work across Windows, Linux is a plus.
· Performance Testing experience is a plus using tools like JMeter, Load runner etc.
· Self –starter, Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Quality Assurance and Agile Lifecycle.
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to understand and integrate with cultural differences and engage with virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams.
· Working experience in agile methodology.
· Manage the training and development of staff members to develop their skills and maintain industry-leading knowledge in their areas of responsibility
· Direct supervision provided by an QA Test Lead ; frequency on a weekly or as needed basis
· Experience using ServiceNow
· National and international travel may be required
· A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 7-10 Years of experience in Testing with hands-on experience in Automation Testing
· Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred.
· Certified Software Test Automation Specialist (CSTAS) or any other professional certificate that supplements formal education
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.