EY Foundation Operations L3 Engineers in Argentina
Foundation Operations L3 Engineers
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001HP
Post Date May 10, 2018
The L3 Foundation Operations Engineer performs operational design, upgrades and support for Azure cloud VM’s and range of Azure based offerings. Responsibilities involve the providing upgrades to foundational platform components, implementation of new Azure based operational tooling, as well as escalated incident and service request support to SBP Platform L2. This role operates in a technical capacity involving building, maintaining and monitoring production of cloud infrastructure for cloud services.
What are you going to do?
· Responsible for the overall operational stability of Synapse Azure environments in their SME area
· Maintain, upgrade and continuously improve components of the SBP Azure environments
· Provide training and knowledge transfer to the SBP Platform L2 and L1 teams.
· Respond to Escalated Incident & Service Request tickets and meet or exceed OLA/SLA
· Meet all EY Operational and ITIL requirements for platform services or change requests
· Liaison with appropriate teams for taking corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve escalated incidents
· Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications
· Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
· Ensure all process are followed and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
· Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
· Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
· Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
· Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
What do we need from you?
· Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
· Fluent English skills in speech and writing
· Communicative personality
· Excellent documentation skills
· Self-supporting and independent attitude
· SME Level knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
· Windows 2012/2008 server O/S
· Unix/Linux, preferable RHEL and CentOS
· Cloud platforms such as Azure and Amazon Web Service
· Advanced knowledge of web PaaS services including web applications, SQL and security solutions
· Networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts including NSG firewalls and WAFs. F5 skills a plus.
· MS SQL IaaS and PaaS implementation and management
· MS Active Directory, Azure Active Directory
· IAM tools including Cyberark, Qualys, Symantec and AlertLogic
· Cloud-based services including Patching, Monitoring and Backup
· DevOps tools and coding, including Powershell, Python, Ansible, Puppet and Chef
· Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
· General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
Desired technical experience & qualifications
· Windows/Linux Server Administration
· TCP/IP Networking.
· PowerShell, TypeScript or Ruby experience.
· Cloud architecture and administration experience (Azure, AWS, Google, Rackspace)
· Build automation: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity or similar
· Deployment & Configuration mgmt: Puppet, Chef, Salt or Ansible
· Scripting language: Shell, PHP, Python, Go or Perl.
· Log management: Logstash, Syslog, ElasticSearch or similar
· Monitoring: Ganglia, Graphite, Nagios, OpenTSDB or similar
· Source Control Experience (Git, TFS, VSTS, Subversion)
· Microsoft SQL Administration experience
· Experience in Server Security, Firewalls Setup, DNS management and Port Blocking
· Participate in on-call rota providing global coverage. This team provides 24/7 support.
· Travel may be required
· Flexibility in scheduling with a willingness to work extra non-standard hours
· Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
· Ability to grasp, communicate, and occasionally develop processes for use by various teams. Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet agreed deadlines, with demonstrable Productivity
· Culturally diverse and inclusive.(statement)
· Required to work in a virtual Environment
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· Further or Higher education standard qualification.
· Fluent in English language, written and verbal
· Other key languages as required
· 5+ years in DevOps and or, Operational Support environment/discipline
· 10+ years in the IT industry
· MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional
· ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.