EY Infrastructure Systems Management (ISM) in Argentina
Infrastructure Systems Management (ISM)
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001GA
Post Date Apr 13, 2018
The Storage Operations Specialist provides the day-to-day global operational delivery of the Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) storage capabilities in Global Operations (GO). This role is an individual contributor that provides technical support of a complex nature for the firm's storage environment and associated hardware and operating systems. This professional applies knowledge of storage systems operations practices as well as good hardware and infrastructure experience to various platforms. The Storage Operations Specialist is accountable for making a sound impact and contributing to stability, resiliency and general health of the environments under his/her supervision across multiple physical sites. This position requires in-depth knowledge of the firm's infrastructure to resolve complex incidents and problems and to provide a stable and reliable infrastructure
What are you going to do?
· Provides support for infrastructure services hardware, operating system, and software platforms.
· Incident, service request, changes and problem work (ITIL based).
· Support for all Enterprise Storage Technologies in the Firm’s Global Datacenters and Regional Data Rooms, included but not limited to:
· Brocade Enterprise Directors (DCX) and Switches
· HP StorageWorks (XP12000, XP24000)
· HP Lefthand Solutions (P4000)
· HP 3PAR InServ Series (T800, V400 and V800)
· EMC VNX
· EMC VNX2
· EMC VMAX2 Series (10K, 20K, 40K)
· EMC VMAX3 Series (100K, 200K, 400K)
· EMC VPLEX VS1/VS2 Local and Remote
· Partner with peers and management to make informed and sound strategic decisions.
· Perform day to day general Storage Administration on multiple heterogeneous environments spread across several geographies.
· Perform proactive maintenance and monitoring to ensure the integrity of the Enterprise Storage Infrastructure.
· Provide after hours and on-call on an as-needed basis.
· Travel as required (reasonable notice will be given when necessary).
· Work with management to ensure that KPI’s and SLA’s are met and exceptions occur only when strictly justified by business/technical reasons.
· Proactively work with multiple Vendors to coordinate and schedule Service, Maintenance and Regular Upgrades and Updates.
· Technical writing:
· Creation and modification of work instructions, reference and technical manuals and procedures documentation.
· Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure, such as restoring services
· This role must make decisions about applying the right technical solutions to problems and to drive issues to resolution. When issues cannot be resolved, must drive escalation to higher support levels.
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and be able to prioritize assignments.
· Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people across teams, regions and organizations
What do we need from you?
· Excellent knowledge of HP StorageWorks line of products: XP12000 and XP24000 are a must. Business copy experience would be highly advantageous.
· Excellent knowledge of HP 3PAR Enterprise Class Storage. Experience with T400/T800 and/or V400/V800 are a must. Knowledge of 3PAR Snapshots, Remote Copy and Geo Clustering a plus.
· Excellent knowledge of EMC VMAX2 and VMAX3 series arrays including TimeFinder and SRDF.
· Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Brocade Networking. Experience with DCX FC Backbones and Edge switching on a large, redundant and complex SAN environment (+50 switches) is a must. Experience configuring and managing Brocade Network Advisor a plus.
· Strong knowledge of EMC VNX for both File and Block storage would be highly recommended, including experience in replication and snapshotting.
· Knowledge of Industry Monitoring Standards (CIM, SMI-S) a plus.
· Strong shell/perl/bash scripting skills a plus.
· Strong knowledge and/or prior experience with OS administration would be a huge plus. Experience with HPUX and VMware particularly would be highly advantageous.
· Prior experience in process re-engineering/improvement a plus.
· Knowledge/experience on Capacity Management processes a plus.
· Some knowledge and experience with MySQL and PHP Development would be really advantageous.
· The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to support multiple demands and escalating issues or to accommodate teams or staff in other time zones
· National and international travel may be required (less than 5%). Reasonable notice will be given when necessary.
· Provide after hours and on-call on an as-needed basis
· Degree in Computer Science/Management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· 5 to 10 years in a corporate IT environment, with hands-on experience in including two or more of the following areas: Storage Management, Storage Capacity Management, Storage Performance Analysis and Optimization, UNIX/Linux System Administration, Windows Server L3 Support, VMware Administration.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Enterprise Storage Environment, managing multiple sites spread across different regions.
· Work experience in a professional services industry, preferred.
· Experience with one or more of the following:
· HP StorageWorks (required)
· HP 3PAR (required)
· EMC VNX (required)
· EMC Symmetrix VMAX (required)
· Brocade DCX Directors and Edges
· Brocade Network Advisor
· The following Industry Certifications are a plus, but not required:
· EMC Information Storage Associate
· SNIA Certified Storage Professional
· Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Windows 2008/2012)
· Red Hat Certified Engineer
· EMC, HP, HDS, IBM, NetApp or other storage training/certification a plus.
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.