EY Lead Solution Architect for Big Data (HAT ID:545) in Argentina
Lead Solution Architect for Big Data (HAT ID:545)
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001F5
Post Date Mar 27, 2018
The Solution Architect for Big Data will partner with business architects and analysts, to understand enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
In partnership with the IT leadership team, identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's products, applications and infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services and opportunities for innovation.
In partnership with other architects, facilitate the evaluation and selection of candidate software product standards, as well as the design of standard software configurations.
Review responses to RFPs and proposed solutions for feasibility of architectural requirements and compliance with client standards and policies.
Consult with other members of the extended architecture team to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs and/or request an exception to architecture standards.
Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture, technology trends) and financial impact of the proposed solution.
Responsible for the end to end design and implementation of products and services in the portfolios to include design, development and delivery of a set of complex applications to meet specific business needs.
Participate in sessions relating to capacity planning and installation of/migration to technologies.
Define best practices in the critical evaluation and selection or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data.
Leverage reference architecture libraries to develop detailed component specifications that meet project specific needs.
Produce architecture design for particular initiatives / projects and needs by keeping in mind architectural principles like high quality, performance, modularity, availability, reliability, scalability, integrity of the solution.
Experience creating solution architecture deliverables, e.g., system context, use cases, other and integrating these deliverable with other requirements deliverables/teams, e.g., requirements, process documents, etc
Requires ability to communicate to development teams to ensure downstream agile/other team handoffs
Deep understanding of SOA, Web Services, System Integration, Design Patterns, Data Management, Databases, BI, IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture principles.
What are you going to do?
· Broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in variety of environments
· Interactions with various levels if IT and client serving teams.
· Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment
· A good level of managerial competence
· Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
· Excellent people skills
· Excellent awareness of different cultures and working practices across the regions
· Good presentation skills with ability to present material clearly and concisely to senior and/or executive management
· Broad understanding of global environments, including regional issues and differences.
· Demonstrated experience working with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision
· Experience with IT architecture development
· Strong ability to interact with all levels of the organization
· Meet business objectives, solve business problems and further business success by applying industry, applications and technical knowledge through the definition of high level solutions. In addition he/she may work proactively with the business to define new product developments.
· Defining the solution and framework within an enterprise for Big Data including structured data, non-structured data, real-time data and analytics.
· Extending the industry-recognized best practices within the Enterprise Data Architecture to include Hadoop.
· Defining the overall analytics solutions (patterns, methods, blueprints, etc.) extending beyond Hadoop
· Defining technical and data solutions for warehouse and reporting marts
· Crafting solutions for data platforms using industry best practice tooling
· Must demonstrate leadership in a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills and negotiation skills.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
· Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
· Customer focused with ability to identify and understand customer's needs.
· Able to adapt to change at short notice.
· Creative problem solving and analysis skills with an ability to identify develop and implement solutions to gaps to meet the needs of the business.
· A self-starting individual with a strong work ethic capable of planning and managing own time effectively. Ability to perform under pressure and to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
· Assertive in potentially difficult situations, engaging diplomacy where necessary.
· Excellent verbal and written (including presentation) communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
· Able to build relationships and network at all levels.
· Able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
· Able to think laterally to consider options which will optimize the requirements of the business.
· Due to our global organization and global operating model there may be cross border reporting lines (no direct team lead within the country).
· This position may have direct reports in different locations.
· Your manager may be based in another country.
· Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results. Displays motivation, commitment, perseverance and conscientiousness
What do we need from you?
· Fluent English skills in speech and writing.
· Communicative personality.
· Excellent documentation skills.
· Self-supporting and independent attitude.
· Be comfortable with ambiguity and work to reduce this ambiguity wherever possible within all work output
· Experience of working in large green field programs.
· Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects.
· Establishes functional objectives and delegates assignments.
· Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and team members.
· Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent work experienceBachelor's Degree or equivalency (CS, CE, CIS, IS, MIS, or engineering discipline)
· Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Solution Designer, providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship
· Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining solution architectures and technology (UML, design patterns, SOA, EAI, BPI, etc.
· 5+ years’ experience in design and implementation of big data systems involving large data volumes
· Demonstrated experience in designing and deploying Big Data architectures within organizations (e.g. patterns, anti-patterns, approaches, best practices, etc.)
· Expert level understanding of Java/J2EE
· Expertise in application integration at an enterprise level
· Excellent understanding of data platforms in the context of Big Data (e.g. BigInsights, HortonWorks etc.)
· Hands-on experience with the overall Hadoop Stack (HDFS, MAP Reduce, Pig/Hive, HBase , Ambari, Oozie, Falcon, etc )
· 5+ years’ experience in advanced analytics and demonstrated skills in visualization tools such as (Tableau, Spotfire, SPSS, etc.)
· Expert level understanding of .NET framework
· Demonstrated proficiency in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics
· Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends and standards
· Exposure to application security technologies and approaches
· Experience in full development lifecycle phases
· Familiarity with various requirements gathering techniques
· Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools
· Software prototyping experience
· Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal.
· Experience of IT service business and architecture of multi-year managed services
· 10 years plus of demonstrable enterprise level IT delivery experience
· Strong client facing / consultancy skills
· Experienced in product/offerings architecture
· Have experience in analyzing client needs and delivering solutions, technology and architecture design and support to managed services in a sales cycle / Pre-sales.
· Be proficient in assessing options (e.g. risk, performance and cost-benefit) and informing decision-makers with persuasive visualizations based upon assessment outputs
· TOGAF Certified
· Open CA Level 1 Certified
· Leading SAFe Certified
· SAFe for Teams Certified
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.