EY Windows Server Engineer (HAT ID: 1534 ; 1535) in Argentina
Windows Server Engineer (HAT ID: 1534 ; 1535)
Core Business Services
Requisition # ARG001F9
Post Date Apr 05, 2018
The Windows Server Engineer is responsible for the automation of activities such as the Server Deployment, and operational task like Access Management, automated response to monitored events, etc. It’s also responsible for maintaining the Windows Server loadset and toolset, defining the OS standards, developing new services and consumable products, and maintaining core components of the infrastructure such as licensing and activation services.
As part of their role the Windows Server Engineer will also act as lead engineer on global projects, reporting directly to project manager or functional lead. In this capability he/she will be responsible for translating detailed requirements in solution designs and lead on their implementation. This may involve in some cases leading small task forces and in most cases coordinating efforts with other engineers from different areas.
For this role is imperative to demonstrate strong personal leadership, be creative, proactive, self-leaner, a team player, and have a strong focus on business outcomes
What are you going to do?
· Automate and streamline business and operational processes.
· Creates and modifies reports from different sources (WQL and SQL language) like Active Directory, DB, etc.
· Scripting, automation and orchestration.
· Creation of engineering documentation, architectural reference and procedures (technical documentation).
· Standard definition based on best practices.
· Server provisioning engineering.
· Tool development / selection.
· Consulting and providing technical advice for major projects.
· Ability to operate with independence based on objectives defined its leader and with reduced supervision
· Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and be able to prioritize assignments.
· Ability to work in a team, across teams, regions and organizations.
· Ability to work, team and communicate effectively with clients, management and its staff members.
· Ability to deal efficiently with escalations and difficult situations/people under pressure, such as restoring services.
What do we need from you?
· Solid knowledge of VMware virtualization technologies (required); Hyper-V would be a plus
· Broad Technical Background including but not restricted to servers, storage, networking, backups, security, etc. (required)
· Scripting and automation with PowerShell, PowerShell DSC and VBS (exclusionary).
· Microsoft System Center Suite expertise (SCCM is a must, SCOrch and SCOM desirable)
· Public cloud experience (Azure, AWS, Rackspace, etc.).
· Ability to write technical documentation and procedures (exclusionary).
· Good knowledge of server hardware, preferably Dell PowerEdge (exclusionary).
· Knowledge of systems performance analysis and security tuning.
· Strong working knowledge in ITIL Framework.
· A degree in Computer Science/Management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
· Microsoft Windows Server 5+ years, at least 1 year in large enterprise environments with 2000+ servers (required)
· Scripting 3+ years in the above scripting languages (required)
· Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2+ years (required)
· Experience with either SCCM OSD or Windows Deployment Services 2+ years (desired)
· Orchestration tools like SCOrch, Azure Runbooks, Jenkins (desired)
· Microsoft MCSA / MCSE / MCITP – Windows Servers or Cloud Infrastructure (one of them is a must).
· SCRUM or any other agile qualification (Desired)
Shift : Monday to Friday 9-6PM
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.