EY Manager Climate Finance in Belgium
Manager Climate Finance
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # BEL0020P
Post Date Dec 03, 2020
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at.
EY's Strategy and Transactions (SaT) business line offers strategic advice to both private and public clients. One of the key activities of the SaT EU Team, based in Brussels, is to provide advisory services on the regulation of network industries and infrastructure to EU Institutions.
As a result of our continuous and successful growth in this specific consulting space, we currently offer a career opportunity for a Manager to join the SaT EU Team and provide support for projects covering climate neutrality scenarios and clean energy development, related financial modelling and analysis. The position is full-time employment and will be based in the Brussels area (Belgium).
Your key responsibilities
• Delivery of high quality projects, driven by the European Green Deal and to support EU Institutions in charge of policy making as well as project specific bankability assessment
• Business development, including the preparation/drafting of proposals in response to calls for tender or service requests by EU institutions
• Regular meetings internally at EY and with EU level clients and stakeholders, including preparation and delivery of presentations
To qualify for the role you must have
• Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Engineering or Law (minimum requirement)
• Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential.
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably including: project finance, financial/commercial due diligence, financial modeling, venture capital, infrastructure financing
• Specific experience should cover at least one or more of the following: renewable energy projects, hydrogen and CCS projects
• Possible experience with transforming projects such as digitalization and automation programmes would be highly valued
• Strong analytical, qualitative and quantitative research skills
• Excellent organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines
• Willingness to learn, proactivity, openness to work in a multicultural environment and in a team, with a good degree of autonomy
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Knowledge of French, Dutch or German
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance .
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.