EY Senior Consultant Indirect Tax VAT - EMEIA Tax Center in Belgium
Senior Consultant Indirect Tax VAT - EMEIA Tax Center
Requisition # BEL001II
Post Date Apr 17, 2019
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at .
Our organization helps companies in business across all industries to identify and capitalize on business opportunities. As a leading professional service organization, EY is present in 140 countries worldwide and employs over 160 000 people. We offer our clients, which are small, medium-sized companies and international corporations, a broad array of services in audit, tax and advisory.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
Our tax department is growing and our EMEIA Tax Center is currently looking for a Senior Consultant Indirect Tax/VAT to join our offices in Belgium:
Tasks & responsibilities
As a senior consultant in the EMEIA Tax Center, you will actively work on the finalized deliverables on projects/services in the domain of Indirect Tax / VAT. Your main responsibilities as senior consultant are:
· Being a central point of contact – liaise with your international clients and colleagues with respect to European VAT and VAT compliance.
· Monitoring the quality of the indirect tax data and reports of your clients.
· Review and approve indirect tax returns.
· Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated.
· Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the VAT compliance processes.
· VAT compliance advisory and VAT audit support.
· Report to the client’s Process Owner at EY (senior manager or above).
· Stay up-to-date regarding market changes and develop a broader knowledge around your client portfolio.
· Maintain long-term collaborative and profitable relationships with your client and pro-actively identify and inform of possible new missions or opportunities in the existing portfolio
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with your colleagues of the team and supervise work (quality, workload, …) of juniors and escalate observation to the executive
· Actively participate to the training and coaching session of your development plan and be responsible for the development of your own technical knowledge.
We are looking for candidates with the following background:
· A Bachelor/Master degree in economics, potentially with a supplementary degree in fiscal matters.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in European VAT and VAT compliance.
· Basic understanding of other compliance activities such as statutory accounting and corporate tax compliance.
· Fluent in English and Dutch OR French – written and spoken. Any additional European language is an asset.
- Dynamic, innovative & problem resolution focus with strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Team player with project management capabilities and good IT and Excel skills.
· A challenging position within a leading international company with room for personal and professional development.
· Room for personal development.
· An interesting salary package with fringe benefits.
Interested? Please attach a cv and cover letter in English.