EY Senior Corporate Finance professional in Belgium
Senior Corporate Finance professional
Strategy and Transactions
Requisition # BEL0020O
Post Date Dec 03, 2020
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Visit us at.
The EY Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team combines all the experience and expertise available within EY in order to offer a complete range of value-added services and to advise on corporate transactions. For cross-border transactions, we deploy multinational teams from the international EY SaT network. The Belgian SaT team is comprised of over 90 professionals coming from various backgrounds and disciplines, such as corporate finance, private equity, trading, industry and financial audit.
Our SaT team works with major corporate and private equity clients, investment banks, large central government departments and other public sector bodies, advising them on complex strategic, commercial, financial and operational decisions.
Due to our growth, we are currently looking for a talented Senior Corporate Finance professional with more than 5 years of experience in financial and/or macro-economic modeling.
Your key responsibilities
The selected candidate will be expected to:
• Deliver financial and/or macro-economic models to support the C-suite level in making strategic, commercial, financial and operational decisions, and/or transactions
• Actively lead the identification of potential targets or investors and actively contribute to business development
• Help clients in choosing and implementing the optimal finance structuring
• Lead and coach project team
• Review work of junior colleagues (including workbooks, models and reports)
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong understanding of financial statement analysis (P&L, BS, CF)
• Strong understanding of (alternative) financial instruments
• Strong knowledge about DCF and multiple-based valuation techniques
To qualify for the role you must have
• Master degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, or business engineering
• More than 5 years of working experience in a similar role in consulting industry, infrastructure (utilities, telecom, transport, etc.) sector or a bank/financial institution
• Good knowledge of Dutch and English (French is a plus)
• Strong analytical skills with good understanding of financial results, financial modeling and valuation techniques
• Strong understanding of Excel and how it can be applied to corporate and project finance
• Good knowledge of debt advisory and capital markets
• Entrepreneurial spirit, proactiveness & project management are your strengths
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Good knowledge of Power BI
• Knowledge of resilient infrastructure
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.