EY Senior Executive, Corporate Sustainability, EMEIA Financial Services in Belgium
Senior Executive, Corporate Sustainability, EMEIA Financial Services
Core Business Services
Requisition # BEL000Z7
Post Date Mar 29, 2018
Profits and inclusive growth. Who says they’re mutually exclusive? We know that building a better working world is an ambitious goal, but we take a practical approach to advance the sustainability agenda with our people, clients and communities.
EY’s EMEIA Financial Services (EMEIA FS) is a region of the global EY firm, fully dedicated to our financial services clients and driven through industry sector specialization.
Sitting within the wider Brand, Marketing & Communications (BMC) function, the Corporate Sustainability (CS) team aims to build a better working world by collaborating with our stakeholders to foster sustainable growth. Our interest in sustainable growth extends beyond our own organization to the wider business world. Beyond our services, we focus on supporting entrepreneurship, developing the future workforce and championing the role of women in business.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join us in any of our major European locations. The successful candidate will be expected to support the establishment of a leading practice to effect positive change in our sustainability efforts – supporting particularly the governance and operations of the team, including program delivery, communications and stakeholder engagement.
Working in a challenging industry, the successful candidate will have a global mindset and be passionate about:
• Sustainable business, combining profit with purpose
• Financial services
• Stakeholder engagement, with a strong focus on communications.
Your key responsibilities:
Promote CS internally through employee engagement, particularly via the annual Sustainability Day:
• Increasing employee engagement via a variety of channels, via internal communications and the team’s internal brand campaign, webinars and representing the team at events, support in raising awareness, and promoting action on CS challenges and opportunities within FS. This includes the day-to-day management of the internal brand campaign, building a network of internal and external relationships to increase collaboration on CS initiatives with our service lines, country teams, clients and employee networks
• Support the development and execution of the EMEIA FS central activities for the annual ‘Sustainability Day’, including taking ownerships of certain aspects, e.g. regular calls with the working group, development of toolkits, update to SharePoint website, communication plan and support for individual markets
Support the development and delivery of the annual award-winning EMEIA FS Sustainability Report, demonstrating sustainability reporting and sustainability communication knowledge, to include:
• Support, and own where appropriate, the content collection and development with key stakeholders, including brain storming sessions and working with markets to collate relevant stories
• Coordinate the overall project management of the report, including updating the reporting methodology document on an annual basis and challenge best practice against sustainability frameworks
• Manage day-to-day interactions and relationship with the design agency under supervision of the CS Manager, Support the CS Manager in representing the team on the Global Reporting Working Group call every month to update on EMEIA FS progress and share best practice to influence sustainability reporting
• Assist, and lead where appropriate, the development and delivery of the communications and distribution plan for the report in line with the CS engagement framework, including ROI
• Requiring an understanding of sustainability data, support the analysis and reporting on community investment by liaising with offshore teams to ensure data is captured accurately,
Support the operations and stakeholder management of the team, including the governance of EMEIA FS CS Steering group and onboarding of junior team members:
• Support organization and management of our governance structure, via face-to-face steering group workshops and the regular calls, including the onboarding of new steering group members
• Manage CS content on all relevant platforms, including the delivery and communication (including social media) of thought leadership pieces and other channels to enhance our brand, e.g. awards
• Work on ad hoc activities including working with HR, the Mobility team and Risk to set up new team members.
To qualify for the role you must have the following skills and attributes:
• Communication and relationships – ability to convert complicated and misunderstood sustainability concepts to clear, tangible and consumable messages for internal and external stakeholders. Good networker, comfortable working with people across levels and backgrounds. Ability to establish credibility and buy-in from senior stakeholders.
• Operations – strong project and program management skills and applicability to sustainability concepts with ability to operate as both a strategic thinker and internal business operator.
• Creating innovation – develop creative solutions to CS challenges within FS. Solution-orientated with ability to think and implement from concept through to execution.
• Adjusting to change – resilient, practical and self-starter. Able to work independently and as part of wider team. Understanding and implementation of change management approaches.
• Driving success – delivery-focused with proven experience in implementing CS initiatives in a commercial / professional services environment. Passion for sustainability, strong sense of teaming and work ethic.
• Attention to detail – including proofreading and editing skills.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Degree caliber with strong commercial acumen and a professional qualification in at least one element of sustainability.
• Knowledge of FS sectors – Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management.
• Marketing experience in FS or sustainability.
• Willingness to take on management, development and retention of junior staff.
What working at EY offers
• A competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you;
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now!