EY Capital Allowances Contultant - Quantity Surveyor in Ireland
Capital Allowances Contultant - Quantity Surveyor
Requisition # IRE00292
Post Date Sep 28, 2018
Capital Allowances Consultant – EY Dublin Tax Practice
Due to continued growth of the capital allowances market and EY offering, EY are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join the Quantitative Services team within the overall Dublin Tax practice. An excellent package is available, including competitive salary, employer pension and health insurance contributions. Salary offers will be commensurate on candidate’s experience.
A motivated, ambitious and enthusiastic team player, highly numerate with excellent oral and written communication skills and excellent attention to detail is required, to join one of the fastest growing teams in the Dublin Tax practice. You will work within a multidisciplinary team comprising chartered quantity surveyors, engineers and tax professionals responsible for delivering capital allowances engagements to a diverse and exciting range of clients, across different industry sectors.
Prior capital allowances experience is advantageous, however, not essential, as full on the job training will be provided, in terms of acquiring the necessary knowledge of the Irish capital allowances regime, relevant tax legislation, Revenue precedent/case law and the required working knowledge of the various EY analysis templates and software tools used for delivering engagements.
· Carry out the efficient and successful delivery of capital allowances engagements reporting to senior executives within the team, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken, includingplanning and prioritizing work to meet deadlines
· Prepare fully supported capital allowances claims for clients, where capital expenditure is incurred through construction contracts or the acquisition of buildings
· Collate the required procurement/contractor pricing documentation and fixed asset register capitalised spend information from clients, carrying out the data entry and analysis, in order to identify qualifying expenditure
· Where buildings are acquired carry out purchase claims, involving estimating the overall replacement cost of the building including identifying the value of plant and machinery contained within same
· Collate and review mechanical and electrical specifications and ‘as installed’ equipment details from O&M manuals provided by clients, in order to identify qualifying energy efficient equipment for accelerated capital allowances
· Carry out walk through visual inspections of properties in order to identify and document qualifying assets and to inform the analysis being undertaken
· Prepare detailed client ready capital allowance reports, including all supporting appendices
· Attend client meetings/conference calls as required in delivering engagements
· Assist with day-to-day delivery of client liaison for assigned engagements
· Assist in building and maintaining relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
· Build relationships both within the EY firm and externally, identifying opportunities and leveraging industry contacts to win new work
· Attend EY internal and external events and wider construction and property industry events for business development purposes
· Assist with preparing fee quotes and proposals for potential new engagements
· Assist with preparing engagement letters for execution by clients at start of new engagements
· Degree qualified quantity surveyor with relevant industry experience
· Chartered MRICS/MSCSI (not essential)
· High proficiency in MS office suite required, particularly strong working knowledge of excel, as well as word, power point and Auto CAD
· Candidates should have a good working knowledge of building and services technologies
· Candidate should have good working knowledge of construction project procurement, contract administration and associated documentation
· Candidate should have exposure to main PQS activities, such as cost planning/estimating, BoQ preparation, tender analysis, contract administration, final account negotiation and report writing
· Prior knowledge of the Irish capital allowances/tax depreciation regime is not a prerequisite as full on the job training will be provided
· Assistance/support will be provided to achieve Chartered status through the SCSI Taxation Allowances APC pathway or a tax qualification through ITI if desired
· An excellent package is available, including competitive salary, employer pension contribution, health insurance contribution and free gym membership. Salary offers will be commensurate on candidate’s experience
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.