EY Finance Business Support – Assistant Manager - Limerick - 12 Month FTC in Ireland
Finance Business Support – Assistant Manager - Limerick - 12 Month FTC
Core Business Services
Requisition # IRE0021W
Post Date Apr 11, 2018
Finance Business Support – Assistant Manager
In line with a Global Finance Transformation, our Markets Finance function is launching new roles in parallel with the deployment of Mercury, a global SAP implementation, one of which is the Mercury (Finance) Business Advisor (MBA). The Mercury Business Advisor supervising associate is a member of a high performing and mixed rank Mercury Business Advisor team led by the Lead Mercury Business Advisor.
The Mercury Business Advisor is a finance professional with end-to-end system, process and policy knowledge who provides the right advice as it is needed and partners with other functions to address the issues facing the business as we transform how we operate.
The Mercury Business Advisor plays a key role to advise and support our client serving engagement teams to make best use of Mercury and its processes in order to effectively manage their projects with EY’s external clients. There are two main components to this role: providing on-demand financial advisory support to engagement teams reaching out through a variety of technological conduits (online chat, email, phone line or by logging a ticket) and impactful proactive outreach to engagement teams that have been indentified as needing intervention through financial metrics exception reporting. The role will provide support across all the Irish business. At the Supervising Associate rank you will play an integral part of the wider Service Line finance team to provide insights into achieving better financial performance.
As a valued member of the Mercury Business Advisor team you will ensure high standards of financial management and expertise across all client engagements within your portfolio whilst serving as a trusted business advisor. It is a forward thinking, challenging role that helps to deliver profitable growth and offers career development opportunities within EY. Furthermore, you will act as an ambassador, embodying the EY culture and reputation.
Your key responsibilities
· You willmeet regularly with the service line team to conduct oversight by analytics processes to identify and prioritize partners/engagement teams requiring outreaches from the SL Mercury Business Advisor
· Provide guidance on local policy and leading practices
· Facilitate training for client serving team on Mercury (SAP) and effective financial management practices
· Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and providing support to other team members across borders, service lines, and industries and constantly leverage leading practices
· Coach/Problem solve with more junior Mercury Business Advisors to help develop their skills through job shadowing, advising, informal training
· Review open items in ServiceNow (ticketing system), prioritize follow up activities and schedule engagement team meetings for the week.
· At the supervising associate rank, this role is expected to meet regularly with the regional service line team to conduct oversight by analytics processes to identify and prioritize partners/engagement teams requiring outreaches from the SL Mercury Business Advisor Team and manage conversations with that group.
· Spend scheduled time 'on the grid', taking calls / chats from client servers - which includes activities such as:
• Reviewing pricing plans
• Advising on service line offshoring (GDS) leverage targets
• Ensuring engagement teams are properly prepared for client negotiations from a financial perspective
• Advising on how to select the correct client entity for opportunities
• Explaining downstream impacts of different user choices required by Mercury
• Provide instruction and guidance on estimate to complete (ETC) processes and corresponding financial impacts
· Drive continuous improvement initiatives and proactively seek improvements
· Ensure that the team provides a good quality service
· Counselling of staff member to assist them in implementing and maintaining their self-development plan
Analytic andDecision Making Responsibilities
· At this rank, this role requires individuals to use strong analytical skills to determine the partners/engagement teams in need of outreach. In addition, a strong relationship should exist with the SL team to understand how to best approach these individuals and the additional circumstances that need to be understood to do so effectively.
· Make relevant decisions to ensure client servers receive a timely and accurate response such that questions / issues are resolved in a one-stop basis where possible - and where that is not possible, escalated to the appropriate functional expert quickly and effectively.
· Manage new user lack of knowledge / frustration and direct the interaction to the best outcome for the end-user, leveraging strong soft skill abilities and global mindset to adapt personal style where needed
· When working on client server portfolios, leverage system and finance expertise to prepare the discussion: making judgments regarding the topics to address and their prioritisation - understanding when to reach out to other functional experts in order to help prepare for the interaction.
Skills and attributes for success
· Inspiring trust and have a firm understanding of business drivers of client performance
· Critical thinking and problem solving, advising on potential outcomes and exhibiting exceptional technical skills
· Confident, with a proven ability to challenge at all levels
· Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Vigorous time management skills and a proven ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency
· Strong ability to learn quickly, be proactive and share knowledge, building networks across the Finance function
· Experience in translating technical system "jargon" into business relevant terms so that concepts are understandable to client serving teams
· Excellent written, oral and virtual communication skills with the confidence to deliver presentations, training material and knowledge sharing. Adapting ability to deliver challenging messages and drive communication to a mutual understanding.
· Demonstrate the ability to become an effective change lead
· Experience coaching more junior team members through shadowing, answering questions, advice, etc
· Thrives in and adapts to a fast changing, growing and high activity environment
To qualify for the role you must have
· Minimum of two years’ experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial/business capacity
· Experience working with customers remotely, dealing empathetically with their problems under pressure with a strong work ethic geared towards exemplary customer service
· Experience of building credibility and trust with senior stakeholders across various regions whilst maintaining resilience
· Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and SharePoint
Ideally you’ll also have
· Either have a finance related degree, be studying for an accountancy qualification or experience working for a professional service or consultancy environment
· Innovative, confident and creative thinker with ability to make quick decisions
· The ability to think on your feet, use initiative and judgement to make informed decisions
What we look for
You will be an experienced Trusted Business Advisor with a passion for providing exceptional client service to your stakeholders whilst maintaining high levels of customer service for internal stakeholders.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.