EY Learning & Development Manager in Ireland
Learning & Development Manager
Core Business Services
Requisition # IRE0021H
Post Date Mar 29, 2018
HR/L&DBUSINESS PARTNER - FTC
Reporting to the Head of HR, the L&D/HR Business Partner will work closely with the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) to ensure the day to day L&D agenda is effectively delivered and managed. The person appointed to this rolewill be primarily responsible for developing and delivering engaging blended learning solutions for the business. Ensuring that all necessary people management and development activity required to support the business is delivered in the most professional and effective manner.Work with the Head of HR and Senior HR Manager on a variety of multi-disciplinary projects to assist with the delivery of the strategic business/people objectives of the Firm.
The L&D / HR Business Partner will work closely with the business to develop, design and deliver effective and engaging blended learning solutions with the objective of adding value to the business.
· Coordinate, facilitate and evaluate training sessions;
· Create and update training material and classes;
· Collaborate with the business to help identify and agree learning needs and priorities aligned to business requirements including the development, design, conduction and evaluation of training;
· Organise the soft skills training for our trainees to ensure they are receiving best in class training
· Create and update course materials to include instructional videos/webinars
· Develop a systematic approach to training for the lifecycle of an employee
· Ensure all necessary people management and development activity required to support the business is delivered in the most professional and effective manner.
· Support the commitment to building team engagement and a culture that reflects the values by building relationships with business areas, implement change by influencing solutions and outcomes, and ensure that actions are taken forward.
· Work closely with one or more parts of the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) to ensure that the day to day HR/People agenda is effectively delivered and managed.
· Provide input to and support on the company’s HR strategy.
· Complete special project work as required to support the HR strategy.
Candidate Profile / Experience
· 5 years of relevant L&D/HR experience.
· Proven experience of managing all aspects of L&D programmes, including design, budgets, logistics, reporting etc.
· Experience of facilitating training sessions.
· Highly organised and efficient, with the ability to run a number of programmes and projects simultaneously and to handle multiple tasks with tight overlapping deadlines.
· Ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to changing priorities.
· Excellent communication and negotiation skills. A sharp business acumen.
· Creative thinker with the ability to work on their own initiative and problem solve.
· Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
· An interest in the evolving approaches to L&D.
· Understanding of L&D evaluation techniques.
· Proven ability to deal credibly, and build rapport with senior people.
· A team player who is highly motivated and proactive.
· Adaptable and flexible. Able to operate in a changing environment and to cope with an evolving role.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
· Strong analytical ability and excellent attention to detail.
· I.T. skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Experience of working in a professional services environment desirable.
· Previous experience managing company-wide development and progression programmes desirable
· Excellent attention to detail
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.