EY Markets Liaison Officer - Learning and Development - EMEIA (FSO) in Ireland
Markets Liaison Officer - Learning and Development - EMEIA (FSO)
Core Business Services
Requisition # IRE00258
Post Date 3 days ago
Job Title: Learning and Development Markets Liaison Manager (EMEIA FSO)
Level: Assistant Director (Manager)
Join the EMEIA Learning & Organizational Development team and take a key role in enabling the delivery of learning and leadership programs effectively to our people across all of our markets.
EMEIA FSO (Financial Services Organisation) is a virtual network of professionals, who provide professional services to clients in the Financial Services industry, distributed across 19 markets in Continental Europe. The construct is designed to enable us to rapidly deploy highly skilled engagement teams to address our client’s problems.
Our people are “hosted” in local offices in the 19 markets and we refer to these locations as “Host”. The Host markets provide services to EMEIA FSO such as core business services (Finance, Operations and Premises) and recharge EMEIA FSO for these services. Our model is complex and requires robust governance to be in place to ensure that the services provided to EMEIA FSO meet our requirements and the recharges are commensurate for the services provided.
The EMEIA FSO Learning & Organizational Development team is looking for a manager to develop and maintain stakeholder relationships across the 19 Markets which make up EMEIA Financial Services. This is a new opportunity which will be critical to the successful governance of learning across our region.
Reporting directly to the EMEIA FSO Learning Leader your keyresponsibilities will include:
Supporting the FSO Partners responsible for learning within our markets (known as Market Learning Sponsors (MLS) to understand the local curriculum (deployed by both EMEIA FSO L&D teams and the Host L&D teams)
Supporting the MLS to understand the level of local L&D support provided to FSO and costs associated with local learning
Supporting the MLS to negotiate new SLAs between EMEIA FSO and our Host Markets and subsequently monitoring host provided service in line with the SLA
Introducing and leading regular review meetings with the Host Market Learning teams to understand the learning FSO people have attended, the support our Hosts have provided, and the costs to be recharged to EMEIA FSO
Understand the overall EMEIA FSO learning spend in each Host market and facilitating communication between the local Market Learning Sponsor, Host Finance and Host L&D
Providing regular status reports to the EMEIA FSO Learning Leader, the Learning Executive Committee and EMEIA FSO Finance
Creating a knowledge sharing community amongst the Market Learning Sponsors
To qualify for the role you must have
· The ability to build relationships in a virtual environment
· Excellent cultural awareness
· Demonstrable experience managing stakeholder relationships across borders
· Experience negotiating and monitoring Service Level agreements
· An interest in our business and an ability to engage with key stakeholders to understand their needs and how learning may support them.
· A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying and implementing process improvements and demonstrating best practice.
· Core consulting skills (communication, presentation, problem solving and project management)
· Excellent people management and interpersonal skills with an ability to manage difficult conversations
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Experience working in a matrix structure
· An ability to understand and explain complex concepts and functions
· Excellent writing skills and the ability to engage with complex subject matter
· The ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
· Skills as a proactive problem solver and creative thinker
· Multiple languages an asset
· Global mind-set
· The ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm (from Partner down)
· Be a strong team player with an enthusiastic, can do approach
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY iscommitted to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexibleworking arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people,enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to buildyour career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While ourclient-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at timesbe based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you toachieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.