EY Programme and Project Management - Senior Manager in Ireland
Programme and Project Management - Senior Manager
Requisition # IRE00274
Post Date Sep 04, 2018
If you are looking to join a dynamic and diverse Programme and Project Management (PPM) team delivering large-scale transformation programme advisory services, come and talk to EY’s PPM team about the opportunities we can offer you.
To continue the successful growth of our PPM team within EY’s Advisory practice, we are looking for experienced, motivated people who have previously worked in programme and project management roles, either in industry or in a client-side advisory role to join our team.
For further information, check out our PPM website on:
About PPM in EY:
Our PPM team sits within the Performance Improvement pillar of the EY’s Advisory practice. With a clear purpose of ‘building a better working world’, EY’s PPM team is committed to delivering exceptional client services across a range of sectors, including the public sector (particularly health), energy and utilities, financial services and telco.
In EY, our approach to delivering exceptional programme and project management work for our clients is underpinned by three defining features of our approach:
• Purpose-led Transformation: Having shifted to becoming a purpose led organisation in 2013, we, at EY, have seen the benefits of purpose-led transformation for ourselves. And we are now using this proven approach to inform our client engagements.
• Collaborative team work: In PPM, we take a very proactive approach to ensuring that our teams are ‘more than the sum of the parts’ and that all members of the team are supported in their career development and progression. EY’s highest performing teams provide the right mix of talent to excel in volatile markets, solve the most complex problems and deliver quality results that surpass expectations for the EY team in conjunction with the client teams with whom we partner.
• Delivering exceptional client service in a consistent and professional manner: EY’s Service Quality tools are designed to provide a process of continuous improvement, using a portfolio of tools and enablers designed to support the Advisory Strategy by embedding service quality into delivery of all of our engagements.
Role and Requirements:
In order to grow EY’s successful PPM business we are looking for experienced Senior Managers who will be responsible for:
• Managing and delivering large-scale transformation programmes and projects to time, cost and quality;
• Building valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and developing a portfolio of business by focusing on high impact opportunities;
• Ensuring the consistent delivery of excellent, high-quality work products for by EY teams, providing a platform to build and maintain our global brand, reputation and purpose.
• Acting as a subject matter resource in one or more areas, leveraging your knowledge and experience to shape services for clients;
• Leading presentations and proposals for medium to high complex projects and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals in relevant areas;
• Creating innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contributing to thought leadership;
• Driving improvements by taking responsibility for engagement / account level Quality & Risk Management (QRM) initiatives, ensuring that project teams understand and comply with our Q&RM requirements.
• Assisting in client account management activities such as recruitment for the project team, managing financial aspects of client engagements, and quality and risk management;
• Building valued relationships with clients and colleagues to assist in generating new business opportunities for EY;
• Leading and supporting presentations and proposals for elements of medium to high complex projects to prospective and existing clients;
• Communicating effectively with EY senior management and working to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams;
• Understanding EY’s service offerings and actively identifying opportunities to better serve our clients;
• Building strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services lines;
• Supporting team development activities, including:
o Supporting, coaching, and mentoring activities;
o Conducting performance reviews and contributing to performance feedback;
o Contributing to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training activities;
o Understanding, following and communicating workplace policies and procedures
To do this role effectively, we are looking for people with knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• Approximately 10 years’ experience in management consulting or similar advisory role in industry or the public sector
• Approximately 10-15 years’ of Project Management experience of managing and delivering large-scale projects and/or programmes, including project planning and monitoring, resource management (including project finances), benefits realisation, etc.;
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills with a track record in managing complex stakeholder programmes;
• Good understanding of project governance and change management principles;
• Strong 3rd level educational qualifications
• Additional professional qualifications, such as PRINCE2® or PMP, are desirable.
• Additional areas of interest include: process improvement, agile methodologies and business case development.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.