EY Actuarial Senior | Lisbon Office in Portugal
Actuarial Senior | Lisbon Office
Requisition # POR000WR
Post Date Dec 01, 2019
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information.
Our clients are increasingly looking to us as the right firm to make that happen.
When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge and make it
You’ll be at various lives projects in different industry sectors in which EY is acknowledged as
a market leader:
financial services, energy and utilities, oil and gas, telecommunications, industrial products,
automotive, retail and consumer products, real estate, etc.
It’s all about supporting our clients in taking their businesses further, carrying insights over into
each new project and sharing information with colleagues across the business.
In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well
as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be involved at many stages of the project life cycle, making this a high-profile opportunity
to take on a wide range of responsibilities and diversify your skills and experience.
It’s all about translating information from a variety of sources into quantitative and qualitative
analyses to inform and advise our clients.
That will include building relationships with clients in a spectrum of industries and getting to
know their unique needs and aspirations to provide tailored global services.
Skills and attributes for success
• Willing to join a young and dynamic team in a challenging environment
• Contribute to client satisfaction by providing timely and effective responses to client needs and concerns
• Participate in client meetings and work within a team environment to deliver fully integrated benefit services to clients
• Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
• Encourage and facilitate collaboration amongst team members, and promote an inclusive working environment
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in actuarial science, mathematics or statistics
• Around three to five years of work experience in the insurance sector (Life or Non-Life)
• Excellent analytical, research and communication skills
• Experience in reserving, solvency II and IFRS 17 is preferable
• Ability to build team and client relationships and manage expectations
• Knowledge in VBA and other programming languages will be valued
Ideally, you’ll also have
Demonstrated an understanding of actuarial concepts and actively pursue increased actuarial knowledge
What we look for
We’re interested in people that are ready to take the initiative, challenge commonly held beliefs and resolve issues that didn’t even exist until recently. You won’t just need technical skills. You’ll also need to consider how human decision-making affects the way businesses work and is reflected in data. So if you’re genuinely interested in creatively handling some of the most complex questions our clients present us, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package and includes support for flexible working and career development, and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Join us in building a better working world.