EY Business Development, Financial Services in Singapore
Business Development, Financial Services
Core Business Services
Requisition # SIN005DQ
Post Date Jul 07, 2020
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability.
Join our Business Development team and you will support and execute go-to-market business development and marketing strategies. As a Business Development professional, you’ll work with account teams to build relationships with our clients, drive new business and build revenue growth.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The APAC Financial Services Solutions Client Executive (CE) is responsible for driving pipeline and sales across our strategic Financial Services accounts and Market Segments for the prioritized solutions for Tax. This role will have responsibility for driving market demand and sales cycle for prioritized Tax solutions by spending at least 60% or more time in the external marketplace. The CE is responsible for the activation of the selected Tax solutions and campaigns for the Region, teaming/collaborating with the Region Business Development (BD) Community, FSO Accounts and Market Segments. The CE will have direct sales goals (revenue/pipeline/margin) on solutions. The role will serve as a BD Solution lead on 1 or 2 Solutions. Expected percentage of time spent per BD activity: Strategy 20%/Management 20%/Client facing 60%
Essential Functions of the Job:
Delivers against defined revenue, pipeline and campaign targets. Leads pipeline management and discipline for the prioritized Tax Solutions and Campaigns, facilitating the successful closure of the largest deals. Facilitates the activation of prioritized Tax solutions and campaigns, ensuring Client Executives, Market Segment Leaders and Client Serving Partners bring solutions to the market after an accurate Field of Play (FOP) analysis. Shapes and drives innovative sales efforts in line with Region Tax growth strategy and market dynamics. Is recognized as a sales professional able to bring together the whole of EY across SLs, pulling best practices and leveraging on account centric approaches. Influences to achieve an operationally-efficient, diverse and inclusive market-facing Solutions team.
Personal leadership and execution in the market: Serves as a BD Tax Solution lead on one/two solutions. Spends time in the external market interacting with clients to drive demand. Is a market face of EY in social and traditional media, key external events and meetings in their respective area of solution expertise. Develops an individual brand in market/firm as a world-class sales professional. Spearheads pipeline creation and sales through demand generation and campaigns in the market. Identifies client needs, relationships, opportunities, and gaps to determine the best potential for transformational growth.
Drive commercial activation of solutions and campaigns: Drives awareness and education of solutions across Market Segments and Accounts and in line with the Region growth strategy. Leads the customization of sales material for the solutions they are responsible for. Facilitate activation of cross-SL campaigns, ensuring Alliances and Managed Services are fully embedded into solutions. Target accounts in joint with campaign leaders and solutions owners. Develops new sales initiatives, strategies and programs designed to capture wallet share for EY Tax solutions and offerings. Guides the development of sales and execution plans for solution/service line activities working with Accounts and Tax Service Line. Drives the Pipeline Management for the prioritized solutions and campaigns, facilitating the sales qualification of the largest and more strategic deals. Embeds and leads on EY tools and techniques on relationship and commercial excellence e.g. AMF, ESQ/ASQ, Blue Sheet, Negotiate@EY and Market Enablement tools. Drive EY’s brand build and recognition in the market as a major digital and innovation player.
Market-facing Solutions teaming: Coaches account and BD teams on the prioritized solutions
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• This role will use in-depth knowledge of the client's organization, markets, industry and competitor's to anticipate complex issues and identify/develop solutions concerning assigned accounts, solutions and campaigns.
• This role will generate new and review existing opportunities based on their knowledge of client issues and expertise of sales methodologies.
• The role will decide how to activate campaigns, leveraging any internal and external sales enablers depending on each solution and campaign.
• Operates with considerable autonomy and minimal direction.
• This role will coach resources including solution individuals who do not reside within the BD organization and will be expected to inspire others through action in the marketplace.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• CE resources need to be driven individuals and possess the hard and soft skills necessary to drive transformational performance across our portfolio of accounts and solutions. Ability to build high-impact c-suite relationships quickly and sustain them. Strong content expertise (solution/tax). Strong change agent skills.
• The ability to flex personal style as required. Strong ability to focus on commercial outcomes that align with the interests of our clients.
• Strong knowledge of current and emerging sales tools, methodologies and go-to-market (GTM) models including social media. Leading and credible social media profile. Expert client management and client relationships skills.
• Strong Executive presence. Expert influencing skills. Deep knowledge in demand creation, large complex sales lifecycles, sales leadership and execution.
• Strong business acumen as well as strong knowledge of market and industry dynamics. Strong executive presence and communication skills.
• Strong organizational, project oriented change management skills. Strong ability to manage through uncertainty and to deal with complexity.
• As the job involves responding to clients' needs and varying time zones, long hours are regularly required. Moderate to frequent travel will be required.
• University/Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree preferred. (This should be modified per Area to meet cultural education requirements as determined by recruiting).
• 10-12 years in-market experience in complex B2B Sales of transformational solutions that combine technology and professional services to multidimensional buying groups. Ideally has worked at technology vendor/managed services provider or professional services.
• Subject matter expertise on Tax strongly preferred. Experience with Sales Leadership. Leading and credible social media profile.