EY International Tax Manager in Taiwan
International Tax Manager
Requisition # TAI0002M
Post Date Oct 24, 2017
As an International Tax Manager, your primary focus will be advising global companies on the various regional and international tax implications of their operations. You'll demonstrate an understanding of increasingly complex tax concepts and effectively apply your tax knowledge to client situations, developing and delivering innovative tax planning ideas with timely, responsive services and work products that meet and/or exceed client expectations. You'll also thoroughly and accurately analyze information and prepare practical and creative approaches tailored to a client's tax situation, arriving at appropriate conclusions. As a manager, you'll take the lead in developing recommendations and implementation plans, and making informed decisions in complex areas. Your remit will include managing the work of client service team members and staff and participating in and contributing to the achievement of team goals. You'll also identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Provide a wide range of tax services for many of the world's largest multinational corporations. Identify and address complex domestic and international tax issues and assists them in strategically aligning different areas of taxation. EY has more than 100 foreign tax professionals from other jurisdictions who are working in the U.S. as part of our foreign tax desk program. Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
- Build client relationships and demonstrate knowledge of client business.
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
- Contribute to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery; keeping team members informed of work status; actively seeking assignments when unassigned; proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and attempting to find new approaches.
Why should I work for Ernst & Young's International Tax services?
In the current challenging environment, executives are looking to align their global tax position with their overall business strategy to maintain competitive advantage and provide value to shareholders. As one of Ernst & Young's international tax professionals, you'll help leading organizations to assess their tax strategies and exposures and will assist with international tax issues, from planning, through reporting, to maintaining effective relationships with the tax authorities. As part of an integrated global and multidisciplinary team of talented people, you'll gain valuable experience across industries and geographies. We'll give you access to the resources you require and help you develop the skills you need to be successful. You'll also receive support and encouragement to achieve your potential and become a leader in the tax profession.