EY Global Mobility – Pipelines and Programs Manager in United States
Global Mobility – Pipelines and Programs Manager
Core Business Services
Requisition # GLO000Q0
Post Date Sep 25, 2018
The Executive Talent Teamprovides Talent support to all functions within the Executive, working closely with the Talent Executive, HR Services and Regional Talent teams on the execution of Talent priorities, initiatives and operational people support and service delivery.. Made up of experienced HR, Talent Development & Learning and Reward professionals who are committed to helping the Executive's functions achieve their strategic objectives. The Executive Talent Team works with functional leadership teams to engage and develop their people.
Level: Assistant Director / Manager
This position will be responsible for the design and delivery of Mobility pipeline and programs globally for one or more key business clients/ Service Lines. It will ensure global pipeline and program solutions are appropriate to enable the effective movement of talent.
The position will monitor pipeline and program performance, address issues and propose opportunities for improvement. It will guide and provide relevant advice to stakeholders on all Mobility Pipeline and Program related activities.
Purpose of the Job:
• Manage the operation and enhancement of Mobility pipelines and programs globally for one or more internal clients (e.g. Service Lines or other key group). Ensure they are achieving their talent objectives: staff development, resourcing and retention
• Work with the relevant Mobility Account Lead to understand the Service Line’s business strategy and budgets to determine how Mobility is best able to support this via global pipeline and program solutions (e.g. determine program size, potential hosting and sending locations, budgeting and communication strategy).
• Work effectively with Mobility Assignment Services teams, HRBP and/or Recruitment colleagues to coordinate the application, selection and placement process.
• Enable the selection of the right people via transparent processes and that placement processes are operated effectively and timely
• Manage a clear hand-off to home/host Mobility Assignment Services coordinators to manage the assignee cases
• Work closely with and supervise Shared Services colleagues to administer programs effectively (e.g. track status, manage applications, manage program budgets)
• Monitor external trends and best practices (as well as internal service delivery) to drive continuous improvement of EY internal pipelines and programs delivery
• Work with the other Global Mobility functions to ensure strong and frequent communication with the business on Mobility pipeline and program, and to provide pipeline and program guidelines and any related tools/templates or changes
• Provide content and knowledge to develop: web-pages, articles, management presentations in the remit
• Monitor pipeline and program delivery in remit and provide regular reporting on program and pipeline status
• Keep key stakeholders informed of status, delays or obstacles
• Act as escalation point for Mobility pipelines and programs related issues as well as point of contact for all queries re: programs
• Counsel the relevant business and if necessary individuals on which programs are applicable, timing and application requirements
• Facilitate the processing of all policy/program exceptions
• Participate in Global Mobility network meetings as necessary
• Attend external Mobility/Talent conferences and build networks across other firms to understand market trends and best practices regarding programs and pipeline and related talent development initiatives
• Ability to independently manage and operate a global pipeline and/or program to the required standards and implement enhancements and new solutions
• Ability to independently apply the relevant (assignment framework, cost, etc.) principles to business needs
• As applicable coach, develop and support Mobility pipeline and program coordinators that are allocated to the respective Mobility pipelines and programs
• Collaborate effectively with Mobility colleagues (Global and local) to deliver and to optimize Mobility pipelines and programs
• Ensure the quality of work provided by Shared Services is robust to effectively support pipeline and programs activities.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Strong knowledge and experience of international mobility, policies, processes and systems
• Good understanding of the Modular Mobility Framework and Mobility pipeline and programs processes
• Good knowledge of generalist HR – recruitment and selection, career management, performance reviews, termination, remuneration, induction, employee relations etc.
• Very good business acumen and commercial awareness
• Good understanding of Tax and Immigration legislation, as well as relevant employment law and other business or economic forces
• Very good communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels in the Service Line leaders, Talent team, Tax and Immigration team, as well as external partners and vendors, written and verbally
• Very good organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
• Desire to deliver exceptional service to internal business clients and assignees
• Good computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good intellectual rigor and commercial awareness
• Able to cope with stress in a fast paced, demanding environment
• Ability to use Global Mobility Technology as well as other relevant HR systems and knowledge tools
• Due to global nature of the role; travel and willingness to work alternative hours will be required
• Educated to degree level in a related discipline
• 5+ years relevant experience in a large corporate organisation
• Higher professional or masters qualification in a related discipline is preferred, not required
• Active membership to related professional bodies or industry groups is preferred, not required