EY EY-Parthenon - Strategy Realized - Healthcare - Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
EY focuses on high-ethical standards and integrity among its employees and expects all candidates to demonstrate these qualities. At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Atlanta, Houston, Washington DC.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Director within EY-Parthenon you will help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. The EY-Parthenon sub-service line comprises three competencies: Strategy; Transaction Strategy and Execution; and Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy. EY-Parthenon Strategy is a leading advisory organization focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today’s complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY-Parthenon Strategy has an ideal balance of strengths – deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships with larger networks of support, and proven processes along with a progressive spirit to unlock opportunity for our clients, amplify the impact of our strategies, and make EY-Parthenon Strategy the global advisor of choice for business leaders. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities
Your key responsibilities
Directors are responsible for leading workstreams and engagements, translating client needs into project tasks and deliverables. Directors manage day-to-day problem-solving and team analytical activities, and serve as key liaisons between consulting team members, EY-Parthenon Senior Directors and Partners, and our clients.
Our teams work on a variety of client issues. The range of assignments includes developing long-term strategies for organizations, evaluating the potential acquisition of businesses, improving educational achievement outcomes, developing new marketing channel strategies, reducing operating costs, and evaluating new business ventures.
Skills and attributes for success
· Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
· Review transaction rationale and/or deal documents to identify critical business issues and risks relating to a proposed transaction.
· Manage and motivate workstreams and teams with diverse skills and backgrounds.
· Develop, manage and mentor junior team members at the Associate, Senior Associate, and Consultant levels.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· A bachelor's degree with outstanding academic performance and 5years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience.
· Experience managing business strategy for healthcare firms in the provider or payer space (biopharma experience is also relevant but not sufficient). This can come from prior consulting work or direct experience in the healthcare
· Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
· Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
· Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
· Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%).
Ideally, you’ll also have
· MBA with 2 years of related work experience or graduate degree with at least 3 years of related work experience, with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services environment.
· Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What we offer
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. The base salary range for this job in all geographic locations in the US is $205,000 to $235,000. Individual salaries within those ranges are determined through a wide variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities including veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during any part of the application process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com