EY Tax Services Senior Manager - International Tax Services - IP Alignment and Digital Tax Strategy Center of Excellence (CoE) - Washington DC in Washington, District Of Columbia
Tax Services Senior Manager - International Tax Services - IP Alignment and Digital Tax Strategy Center of Excellence (CoE) - Washington DC
Requisition # WAS00135
Post Date Apr 29, 2019
The IP Alignment and Digital Tax Strategy (IPADTS) Center of Excellence is a strategic group of International Tax Services (ITS) and Transfer Pricing (TP) professionals with significant experience with technology and digital companies. The group brings together ITS and TP experiences and tools to assist EY teams and their clients deploy global technology, digital tax planning and insights to engagement opportunities. With technology and digital business models rapidly converging across the blurred lines of industries, companies are facing new tax considerations and liabilities they might not have encountered in the traditional or analog environment. That’s where the IP Alignment and Digital Tax Strategy CoE goes to work.
As an ITS Senior Manager, we’ll look to your knowledge across a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising effective outcomes to some of the most complex challenges around. You’ll work with some of the world’s most prestigious businesses, and in return you can expect an incredible range of projects and responsibilities that will support your career growth
Your key responsibilities
This role and NTD working group is led by EY’s US based national international tax and transfer pricing group of senior partners that work directly within the emerging digital convergence trends in the global economy; we intend to provide high value consulting services helping clients with the following:
· Understand how overall IP and digital enterprise IP strategy must adjust given the status of US tax reform, non-US tax incentive regimes, complex multi-jurisdiction controversy profiles, the quickly and often changing OECD, EU, and specific country digital tax policy agenda, as well as the needs of rapidly expanding businesses.
· Adapt legacy technology and digital sector planning techniques to companies in all industry sectors (e.g., automotive, banking, consumer products, life sciences, etc.)
· Assist senior tax leaders, CFOs, BODs and C suite teams to understand how the digital and global IP taxation landscape fits together
· Understand the opportunity to blend EY’s indirect, incentives, and foreign network and law offerings into the planning discussion as well as into the M&A landscape.
· Work across our Americas and global firm both on reform and policy evolution as it impacts planning with EY’s connected digital and technology sectors.
Skills and attributes for success
Identifying and answering complex domestic and international tax issues
Providing technical tax advice and planning services to a portfolio of projects
Building long-lasting relationships with our clients, developing your understanding of their unique needs and requirements
Supervising high-performing teams and sharing your experience and knowledge of leading-practices
Constantly developing your own knowledge, maintaining your status as a trusted advisor by monitoring emerging trends, technologies and practices
To qualify for the role you must have
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as Accounting, Business or Finance) and/or a Juris Doctorate in Law
A Masters and/or LLM in US taxation
A US state CPA license or US state bar membership
The ability to communicate complex international tax and industry concepts to clients through exceptional writing and speaking skills
Minimum of 8 years of US Tax experience in professional services or professional tax organization
Experience managing budgets and projects
· Understand the evaluation of options related to the global alignment of intellectual property (IP) within the context of evolving tax landscapes including US tax reform, OECD BEPS initiatives, global digital economy taxation paradigms, and policy.
· Ability to advise on how IP alignment and tax enabled business model strategies must scale to organizations in all industry sectors as well as the rapid globalization with respect to IP within both startup companies as well as existing multinationals.
I deally, you’ll also have
- Ability to work in fast paced professional services environment
What we look for
We’re looking for knowledgeable technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of both international and domestic tax. You’ll need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to bring it to life by developing your team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
Opportunities to develop new skills across a broad spectrum of tax areas
A network of overseas colleagues, and chances to relocate or take on overseas assignments
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. Apply today
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.