EY Transfer Pricing - Tax Staff or Senior in Waterloo, Ontario
Transfer Pricing - Tax Staff or Senior
Requisition # WAT00022
Post Date May 06, 2021
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
As a Tax Staff or Senior, you will be a part of our global International practice. Within ITS, you will specialize in Transfer Pricing. You will be part of a team that helps corporations identify and solve complex domestic and international tax issues and assists them in successfully aligning all of the different areas of taxation into a benefit-driven strategy.
Your key responsibilities
As a Tax Staff or Senior for our International Tax practice, you will participate in and help supervise multiple and challenging tax engagements and to deliver innovative tax planning ideas and solutions for our diverse clients.
Skills and attributes for success
• Advise Canadian and foreign companies on domestic and foreign tax implications of their operations.
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
• Coaching and mentoring more junior staff to execute assignments with accuracy and completeness
• Enhance technical skills by remaining up-to-date on trends, new legislative developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations relevant to the client
• Identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
• Thoroughly and accurately analyze information.
• Participate in and contribute to achieving team goals.
• Identify and sell opportunities for tax planning and other special services.
To qualify for Tax Staff you must have
An undergraduate degree in economics, accounting, finance, business or related field
Completed courses in introductory accounting and finance or have sufficient relevant business experience
Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
Strong working knowledge of Excel. Word and PowerPoint
To qualify for Tax Senior you must have
An undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 2-3 years experience in Canadian Transfer Pricing
An accounting designation, be working towards a designation or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization
Excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
Strong project management and organizational skills
Ability to work with tight deadlines
Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Maturity, proactive attitude, commitment, and be a highly motivated and driven team player
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. Its one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.