EY Senior Tax Manager - Canadian Corporate Tax - Winnipeg in Winnipeg, Manitoba
Senior Tax Manager - Canadian Corporate Tax - Winnipeg
Requisition # WIN00075
Post Date Jun 26, 2018
In EY Tax, you’ll have the opportunity to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. You’ll get a unique glimpse deep inside a company’s business and become a trusted advisor, working collaboratively on a team that influences major business decisions. Demand has made this a rapidly growing area, and the relationships we build here translate into big business in other areas, making this a true priority.
Tax is an inescapable part of almost every business activity, in every jurisdiction where a company does business. To optimize the financial performance of business operations, tax strategy and business strategy have to work together across a client enterprise. As a Senior Tax Manager, you'll be part our Business Tax Services practice provides tax planning, compliance and provisioning services in all of the major industry sectors and make up the main business tax service offerings for our Tax practice.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Tax Manager, one of the benefits of being in Business Tax Services is that you will develop the technical proficiency and connectivity to address client issues as well as develop as a well-rounded, quality-focused tax professional. As a member of E&Y's Business Tax Service's practice, you will develop the combination of deep tax knowledge and a sophisticated understanding of business drivers to serve your clients to the best of your ability. You will participate in and help supervise multiple and challenging tax advisory engagements.
Skills and attributes for success
• Execution of a variety of corporate tax assignments including planning, compliance, provision and controversy matters.
• Provide timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations.
• Coaching and mentoring more junior staff to execute assignments with accuracy and completeness
• Enhance technical skills by remaining up-to-date on trends, new legislative developments and tax authority decisions, and apply them to complex situations relevant to the client
• Identify opportunities for providing tax planning and other special services and contribute to thought leadership materials
• Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
To qualify for the role you must have
• An undergraduate degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of Canadian Corporate tax experience
• An accounting designation or other related experience or certification relevant to an area of specialization
• Completion of CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course
• Excellent supervisory, analytical, and leadership ability
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work with tight deadlines
• Process oriented with excellent documentation skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
• A commitment to learning in a tax technology environment
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. We’re looking for people with a genuine passion for tax, and the future of tax, and are inspired to help the world’s leading multinational organizations meet complex tax obligations around the world. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.