EY Junior Business Analyst MDM in Wrocław, Poland
Junior Business Analyst MDM
Core Business Services
Requisition # WRO001MT
Post Date 6 days ago
Junior Business Analyst MDM
The Junior Business Analyst (BA) is the liaison between the lines of business and cross organizational teams within EY. With core focus on prioritized Data Governance (DG) work streams and Master Data Management (MDM, the BA creates written documentation (Business Requirements / Functional Specifications) for the Development team to code functionality into Mercury / MDM applications and associated DG processes. Additional documentation created by the BA consists of Use Cases, including documented workflows, screen prototypes and user/interface designs to communicate planned system functionality and implementation processes to the business and development teams. Will conduct impact assessments to understand business and application implications to requests being considered. May be asked to provide technical and\or business-execution consultation to various teams within the project.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for ensuring current and accurate system documentation, demonstrating proof of concept and identify needed system training, educational tools and materials as a result of activities. You will be involved significantly with the Project Manager regarding planning/scheduling and resource allocation for DG.
You should possess strong facilitation skills which will be utilized when leading focused discussions or using data collection tools (surveys, focus group, charting, and reports) to achieve specific goals.
You will be expected to possess and display Project Management skills and to actively manage parts of projects and processes. You will review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs based on business objectives. Documentation of user needs, program functions and steps required to successfully achieve business objectives will be an important deliverable of your role. In many cases you will act as the first input in the development process, and as such, the accuracy and clarity of your documentation is a crucial component to the overall success of the organization.
· You will identify business requirements utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are documented for the SDLC process and then follow-up on all results.
· You will be responsible for creating direct channels of communication to software and application developers that get the job done without managerial interjection.
· Development of comprehensive E2E test cases and defining application acceptance criteria will be another part of this role.
· Implementing a comprehensive management plan for each project and holding regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated in project progress will be part of your mission as a Business Analyst
· You will also determine and document user requirements for business processes and abide by those requirements for future projects.
Skills and attributes for success
· 2-3 years of relevant work experience
· BA/BS Degree or Equivalent Experience preferred
· Exposure to Data Governance projects / implementations experience is preferred
· Strong knowledge of Visio and MS Office suite
· Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Team player
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
What we look for
We are interested in hiring a self-motivated professional with excellent organizational skills. If you have a previous Big4 experience, it would be a definite asset in this recruitment. A practical experience with application development, as well as management experience, will be an added value to your profile.
What working at EY GDS offers
As a Business Analyst, we will offer you the chance to become an important member of the global Data Governance team members and influence the synergies between the functional, technical and information stewards. This role enables you not only to have an ongoing interaction with internal customers, but also to fully participate in solution identification across all team projects. As a self-starter, you will have a great possibility to develop your project execution skills, as well as the art of balancing multiple concurrent assignments.