EY Senior Security Engineer in Wrocław, Poland
Senior Security Engineer
Core Business Services
Requisition # WRO001ZI
Post Date Jan 08, 2019
About EY GDS
EY Global Delivery Services means 27.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
ClientTechnology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY to identify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
EnterpriseWorkplace Technology (EWT) – EWT supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the cheapest possible cost for quality services. EWT will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
As a Security Engineer on the Endpoint Security & Cyber Defence Technologies team, you will be working with a team responsible for the design, engineering, implementation, and early life support of security services across the EY Global environment. The Security Engineer will work closely with Security Architects, Service Delivery, Security Operations, and Cyber Defence to support the enablement of security services. These services will be handed over to the Security Operations teams once early life cycle is ended and all relevant documentation is provided. Additionally, you will provide consulting services to other teams, and act as a level four escalation point for operational issues.
Your key responsibilities
Key responsibilities will include working closely with various teams throughout the organization to engineer an implement security tools that maintain or increase the security posture of the organization and enable the capabilities of the Cyber Defence team. In addition, responsibilities will include providing level 4 support on operational issues, and enabling automation for operational tasks
Skills and attributes for success
· Strong Organizational skills, be self-motivated an able to work to tight deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective teaming and communication skills
· Hands-on approach to dealing with problems
· Understanding of technologies required to run an enterprise-level infrastructure
To qualify for the role you must have
· Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
· Have at least 3 years in an Engineering role
· Experience deploying software in a medium- to large- enterprise
· Good knowledge of Windows operating system
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
· Good time management, organizational, and decision-making skills
· Strong English language skills are required – written and verbal
Ideally, you’ll also have
· At least 5 years of Information Security experience
· In-depth knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems
· At least one security-related professional certification (CISSP,CISM, GSEC)
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Powershell
What we look for
· Security Professional
· Self-Motivated and drive to learn
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback fromsome of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skillsand progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handleyour role in a way that’s right for you